PDA

View Full Version : Window Tinting

caveatipse
09-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I am going to get the windows tinted on my black liftback. I was wondering if there is anything I should look for to choose a tinter. The one I am thinking about using has a lifetime warranty against bubbling etc. What else should I look for? Thanks!

black2yaris
09-09-2007, 10:30 PM
that he has been in business for awhile & can give some references .. Don't get the metalized tint as yer cell phone will not work as well ..I got the ceramic partical tint, it the most expensive but it works much like polarized sunglasses kills 99% of the UV rays PLUS kills the night time oncoming hightlite glare & see that he has a computer that cuts the film from a software program that knows the Yaris .. this usally weeds out the "fly by nite" type of installer .. check with your states DMV about the laws on tints .. not sayin' you follow them but know what yer in for when/if you get pulled over by the Cops

Nexus1155
09-09-2007, 10:30 PM
make sure he doesnt use tint with a metal filament in it, it could mess with your sound system and electricals... but lifetime warranty against bubbling is nice... very nice... alot of people only give you 1 or two years.. ^^^ see posted a second before me and same idea..

black2yaris
09-09-2007, 10:31 PM
& you got the right color for the Yaris Black looks great with a tint ...

xed
09-09-2007, 10:33 PM
How long they've been in business and examples of the work they've done before. The lifetime warranty falls into the "If you want me to take a crap in a box and mark it guaranteed I will" category if they they're apt to be out of business in a year or two. Make sure to go with someone who has been in business long enough to have to actually honor their guarantee.