PDA

View Full Version : Eurodyne will help with ECU

Tapper
09-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Ok, here goes. This is my first serious post. I have been watching the threads on FI and ECU's and I have to convince anyone interested in a dependable turbo Yaris has to keep reading this message. For those of you who are going to post nasty posts about how I am full of:iono:...stuff ( got to be nice ,first serious post) well stop now...you dont deserve this.

The guy who runs this company knows his stuff,:thumbsup: he has a great staff who are involved and he is not interested in puting something on the market that will not make the users happy. He does not want to sell you the whole kit, he has done that. Do your homework and find out about him if you wish, tappauto.com or eurodyne.ca have plenty of evidence that this guy knows his stuff. Period. He sells ECU's, I mean he will sell you all the stuff if you want but he would rather tell you what to get and sell the ECU. Not crazy prices either, check eurodyne.ca.

He says if I get him a computer he will disect it, he might wreck it in the process but he will get what he needs. He has already checked car parts .com and he can get one for an 06'for 150$. What I need to know is if it will be the same as an 08'(I get my 2dr rs in 6 days):thumbup:If it is not I will have to look for a newer one but as long as it is the same as an 06-07 we should be good.

So I will volounteer my car I guess. :biggrin:

By the way this guy is my brother and I will get my mom to kick his ass if he rips me off.lol

So i need to know if people are interested.
I need to know if the computers are the same. ( i could look it up but how bout we save some time;)

P.S. you will need bigger injectors:eyebulge:

Nexus1155
09-11-2007, 09:50 PM
thank god someone is finally digging into this.. I can help where need be, glad to have other people on it too.... i can do some R&D too if i can pick one up with my next check. Japanese cars aren't like Euros where as they have 50 different ECUS to one car... there are minor to slight differences if any at all... so i think you should be all set... just try to match up the numbers if you can in a way...

oh and injectors i heard scions tcs will work...

There actually is a junkyard with one up the street from me for $125, I'm gonna see if i can come pick it up for $100 for both the ECU and wiring harness...

Tapper
09-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I was kinda kidding about the injectors. Chris has plenty of listings. you have to use the right stff. Not that the scion stuff would not be right but you need to have the proper size not just ones that fit.

He does cool stuff like putting 2 maps that you can switch by pushing the cruise button down for 6 seconds. neat. 1 race gas map 1 pump gas or stock and chipped or...whatever. hope to hear from more people. If anyone has questions I would be happy to forward them to Chris.

Nobody will be able to get around the FBW among other things. We need to use factory computers.

Black Yaris
09-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Willing to get a 2nd computer for a N/A tune

cali yaris
09-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Definitely watching -- I will have my turbo kit within 2 weeks. :thumbsup:

tk-421
09-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I am totally interested in this mod. Please keep us posted!
Here's a link to another dude selling Yaris parts on eBay (http://motors.search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=mppf&sbrftog=1&frpp=50&from=R10&satitle=&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fmmk=&fmmd=yaris&fylo=&fyhi=&mppfqy=&sabfmts=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=mini-genie&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=). He's offering an '06 ECU as well, although it's a bit more expensive. I've bought from him before and had no problems.

eTiMaGo
09-12-2007, 01:23 AM
AFAIK there are two ECU's for the Yaris, one for manual, one for auto transmission.

This might be helpful, I have asked about the manual ECU from my local dealership, they can provide it as a spare part, the part number is 89661-0D680 if you want to double-check against the USDM ECU. The dealership cost is pretty expensive, though, nearly $300.

Doc Zaius
09-12-2007, 04:19 AM
Holy crap this is awesome!! Tapp Auto was where I was going to go to get my turbo done in a year or two... best speed shop in Ottawa! (also, I used to work for Chris Tapp's step-mom back in my Nortel days!) Anyhow, I have a '06 RS HB, so if he develops an ECU for that, I'll be quite quite happy! :biggrin:

Glad to hear Eurodyne is doing this! :thumbsup:

d2dailly
09-12-2007, 12:35 PM
i get hooked up with the employee discount for parts usually i can see if the guy can get an ecu for cheap i just dont have money to shell out

Nutzoids
09-12-2007, 04:11 PM
I don't know what I can do to help... But I'm in!

Shit I'll buy an ECU and Donate it to the Cause... So long as I can get a discount when It's done!

A Yaris Tuned ECU... Dream come true!

:evil:

Black Yaris
09-12-2007, 05:16 PM
AFAIK there are two ECU's for the Yaris, one for manual, one for auto transmission.

This might be helpful, I have asked about the manual ECU from my local dealership, they can provide it as a spare part, the part number is 89661-0D680 if you want to double-check against the USDM ECU. The dealership cost is pretty expensive, though, nearly $300.

only 2? I am sure that will make things a bit easier....

BTW everyone if you do a search on www.car-part.com there are a few on there uber-cheep

Nexus1155
09-12-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah there are, when I sell another computer im going to pick one up .... I already found out it wasn't able to be benchflashed, so the only possibility is for it to be chipped or either OBDII Flashed, if anyone is good at programming and is willing to help that would be cool if you could message me im working on getting some info about the processor..

Tapper
09-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Let me talk to Chris this week end. I know there is intrest out there. I appreciate all of the responses. This will happen but I must stress the fact that he will need to work on it for a while to figure the whole thing out.

As far as ECU's go I am happy to hear the availability is abundant.

BTW I saw my car today, the real thing. I even convinced the dealer to let me take it and one of it's technicians to the shop at the school I teach at. We did the PDI and the kids thought it was pretty cool to PDI their teachers car. Fun.

I believe I am one of the only people in Canada with a 2008 Meteorite Metallic 2dr RS 5spd.
For now anyways. I pick it up for good tomorow @ 11AM.

Galavoxx
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't think I can contribute any knowledge to the project but I think we should set up a paypal account so we can all "chip" in on the research ECU. This way, even if it fails, each of us will only be out $10 bucks or so, depending on how many people we get in on it. Or not? :iono:

Tapper
09-12-2007, 07:37 PM
My brother will like that Idea. Thanks for the generous response.
he probably wont take the money but if we collect some we can donate it to a charity or something. In some cases it's the thought that counts.

He really likes to figure out the factory stuff.

Galavoxx
09-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I just want an N/A ECU, and a turbo when the time comes.

Tapper
09-12-2007, 07:56 PM
You don't need 2. 1 ECU can do both jobs. He can put multiple maps in one computer. He literally makes his own chips, not reflashed. He can reflash but usually he needs to put in an encryption board so all is safe from prying eyes. He can reflash through OBD2 or bench. It depends on what people need.

He is skepticle of the gains from an n/a but will probably have a better idea once he checks it out.

blueskana
09-13-2007, 02:33 AM
This will be awsome. He'll make a killing if this flys.... plus all the other doors a cracked ECU will open. Best of luck to you guys.

Nutzoids
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't think I can contribute any knowledge to the project but I think we should set up a paypal account so we can all "chip" in on the research ECU. This way, even if it fails, each of us will only be out $10 bucks or so, depending on how many people we get in on it. Or not? :iono:

I'm down for something like this!

:evil:

Nexus1155
09-14-2007, 01:41 AM
Found out some new info on the ECU Tapp, if you want to forward to your bro, but he probably already seen me on the forums asking around anyways

Denso ECUs usually have everything loaded on the processor. No eprom onboard.
You will probably need a bootstrap loader to extract its contents. Good luck!

Motorhead6T5
09-16-2007, 04:05 PM
If he builds it I will buy. Even if its a simple remap to get a little more out of the thing n/a. Like a 91-93 oct tune. A handheld reflash device w/tuning software would be even better.

Jerkratt
09-16-2007, 09:11 PM
im in on this.. im still trying to get the ecu out of my crashed yaris.. insurance company wont tell me where it got towed to... lol

Tapper
09-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for all the feed back. We were in my new ride last week end, these cars are fun eh? My bro liked it and said that it wont be easy, so patience please. I'm going to the track with him this week end to run his Audi tt. If it goes well he's gonna sell it so maybe...

TurboNut33
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
All I care about is getting a piggy back wired into the ecu and then getting it tuned for forced induction.

cali yaris
09-24-2007, 06:53 PM
That would be nice -- not gonna happen quite yet, though...