PDA

View Full Version : Bad day at the ol

derrick452
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
So I had the afternoon off and chose to wash my car. I get it home to finish drying it off and I have a scratch down the rear door on the passenger side thats about 6 or 7 inches long....I have no idea how it got there and I was so mad. I really dont know how it could have gotten there. I wonder if I hit it with the wand...I felt kind of sick about it. I have the automate application on the car and its just under 2 weeks old so Im hoping it absorbed the most of the scratch and I can put some rubbing compound on it tomorrow and get it out, or at least lighten it up. Anyone got any good ideas? Thanks.

TLyttle
09-12-2007, 01:50 AM
How deep is the scratch? If it is through the paint, get out the touchup, otherwise the rubbing compound is just gonna make things worse by removing even more paint.

Kaotic Lazagna
09-12-2007, 02:27 AM
x2 that. i was able to remove light scratches with Scratch X.

derrick452
09-12-2007, 12:54 PM
somehow I made a dupe post...sorry! would delete if I knew how.

kurokoma-kun
09-12-2007, 02:11 PM
somehow I made a dupe post...sorry! would delete if I knew how.

It's not hard. You have to go through a few steps though, just because it gives you lots of chances to change your mind.

Go to the post you want to delete--click Edit button. New buttons will pop up--click Delete. You will then have two little circles with Do Not Delete or Delete This Message--choose the one you want. Then hit Delete This Message button at the bottom and poof its gone!

There is also a little box that says "reason for deletion" but if you give one it will not completely delete your post.