PDA

View Full Version : Side Markers

dadi_oh
09-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Any ideas on something different for the side turn signal markers? My passenger side marker has a broken clip and is currently held in with some double sided tape but that isn't holding securely enough. Called the dealer and they want $28CDN for a new one. So if I am going to be spending $$$ I thought I would see what is available out there that might be a little different. I read the side marker mod thread where you can replace the bulb with different color LED's but I would rather keep this as an amber turn signal. I am not really crazy about the compound bug eye look of the original. I prefer something a little more "crystal" like where you could either use LED or coated bulbs (so you don't see the amber bulb). Found some "universal fit" LED markers on EBay but universal fit sounds like you might have to glue them on rather than the specific clips.

Thoughts... ideas... pictures... ???

:iono:

YANGSTER
09-13-2007, 09:28 AM
oh well....if you want the original look. u can just go to the dealer and ask them to replace it for you "for free". Got mine replaced just few days ago.

dadi_oh
09-13-2007, 09:55 AM
oh well....if you want the original look. u can just go to the dealer and ask them to replace it for you "for free". Got mine replaced just few days ago.

I don't know if they would consider this warranty work. I bought the car used so I don't know how it got busted in the first place. Probably banged it while waxing the car or something. Hard to imagine a scenario where it could be blamed on defective marker but I guess I could ask.

Thanks

YANGSTER
09-13-2007, 10:11 AM
oh trust me, they've seen lots of busted side markers. (at least from what the service manager told me)

cali yaris
09-13-2007, 07:45 PM
I haven't seen a product specifically designed for our cars yet, just generic stuff.

Get creative!

uncleyaris
09-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I say play the stupid game, and look really sad!!!

dadi_oh
09-14-2007, 09:01 AM
I haven't seen a product specifically designed for our cars yet, just generic stuff.

Get creative!

Well I was thinking of some sort of James Bond like mechanism that would extend out sideways and shoot rubber tipped darts onto the trunk of people ahead of you. On impact a flag unrolls and flaps in the wind saying "JERK" in big letters until the person stops and notices it. Particularly useful after getting cut off. :laugh:

stuffy
09-14-2007, 09:14 AM
oh trust me, they've seen lots of busted side markers. (at least from what the service manager told me)

yep, both of mine broke at the exact same time and both were replaced by toyota,
this is basically the only thing that has broken on the car in almost 2 yrs.

DeliciousYaris2007
09-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Well I was thinking of some sort of James Bond like mechanism that would extend out sideways and shoot rubber tipped darts onto the trunk of people ahead of you. On impact a flag unrolls and flaps in the wind saying "JERK" in big letters until the person stops and notices it. Particularly useful after getting cut off. :laugh:

Speaking of James Bond type stuff, I was thinking while walking a parking lot to my car last night, that it would be nice to have one of those little remote controls that you could just steer the car to you...

:biggrin:

I'm lazy...

xen555
03-17-2009, 10:49 PM
i'm so bored tonight and reading this forum i just tint mine
looks great thanks for the idea:thumbsup:

1NZYaris1
03-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Any ideas on something different for the side turn signal markers? My passenger side marker has a broken clip and is currently held in with some double sided tape but that isn't holding securely enough. Called the dealer and they want $28CDN for a new one. So if I am going to be spending $$$ I thought I would see what is available out there that might be a little different. I read the side marker mod thread where you can replace the bulb with different color LED's but I would rather keep this as an amber turn signal. I am not really crazy about the compound bug eye look of the original. I prefer something a little more "crystal" like where you could either use LED or coated bulbs (so you don't see the amber bulb). Found some "universal fit" LED markers on EBay but universal fit sounds like you might have to glue them on rather than the specific clips.

Thoughts... ideas... pictures... ???

:iono:

Somthing like this, Unfortunately they are not cheap $60.NZ or $33.US