PDA

View Full Version : Xenonlink HID: Fitment Issues

driver centric
09-16-2007, 01:30 AM
I recently ordered a Bi-Xenon HID kit for my Yaris from Xenonlink.com. It arrived today and I attempted to install it only to find that the bulb would not physically stay in the headlight housing due to the design of the bulb. It has a large protrusion on the back that I presume contains the mechanism that switches the glare guard from the low-beam to high-beam. This protrusion, which is largely to one side of the bulb, will not allow the metal clip that holds the bulb in to lock into place on that side.

http://www.xenonlink.com/images/h4bixenon4.jpg

Has anyone else successfully used a Xenonlink Bi-Xenon kit on the Yaris? I've e-mailed the company but don't expect to hear anything from them until next week. I would think other vehicles with H4 bulbs use similar systems to hold the bulb in place in the housing, so I'm not sure what gives here.

driver centric
09-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Just to give an update, I finally heard back from the company and they claim they are aware of the problem from other buyers. He said they managed to modify the springs to hold the bulb in.

Personally, I don't feel like I should have to modify anything after spending $170 on a "plug and play" kit. Not to mention, I'd like to be able to go back to halogen should something happen to the HID setup.

So, I'm sending them back for a refund. I recommend staying away from this company if you own a Yaris.