PDA

View Full Version : most power FI

YogiYaris
09-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Who is making the most power forced induction right now? What PSI is safe to run on a stock block, I am interested in selling my tiburon and using the residual money I get between the cost of a Yaris and what I sell my car for to turbo the 1nz. I just don't want to switch into a car that becomes less reliable and slower than my Tiburon. I run a 14.8 right now and I am N/a please help guess I hope that I am in the right area.

eTiMaGo
09-16-2007, 11:50 PM
At the moment there's not exactly any dedicated aftermarket FI solution yet. ZPI used to have a kit before they went under, and they ran it at 7psi on stock internals, supposedly with no problems. They did manage to run higher on an xB (same engine), but ended up breaking the drive axles. No word on long term reliability though!

TRD also has a boosted version of the 1NZ, I'm not sure of the boost, but it's not a whole lot, as the crank HP is claimed at about 143hp compared to ZPI's claimed 180ish whp

But, at the moment, the only route is custom-made, or waiting for a new bolt-on kit to be released, there are a few projects by members here which are worth checking out :wink: