PDA

View Full Version : Yaris vs. Corolla

hfpieratt
02-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Someone was arguing pretty convincingly at Edmunds.com Yaris thread, that with sales discounts one could get a Corolla as cheaply as an Echo and have more space and equal gas mileage. What do y'all think?

Here is the thread (copy and paste):
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef35594!make=Toyota&model=Yaris&ed_makeindex=.ef35594

why?
02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
In certain places you can get a Corolla as cheap as a Yaris is going to cost because the Corolla is the least expensive car Toyota sells.

The Yaris will take over that position when its sales starts, and the Corolla's sticker price that starts at $14.105 will be hard to budge.

The other thing is that the only Corolla that you could get dirt cheap was a stripped CE, and dealerships simply do not have very many of them.

swng
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
I think both are good cars but the Corolla is more suitable for those who want a family car whereas the Yaris is for those who want a car with more character. Also, the Yaris, if chosen as a second car, will not duplicate too many characteristics of the principal car, which in many a case is a big family car. For example, if I already have a Camry and have to buy a second car, I will prefer the Yaris to the Corolla because unlike the Corolla, the Yaris is not just a miniature Camry.

Karel
02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
if I already have a Camry and have to buy a second car, I will prefer the Yaris to the Corolla because unlike the Corolla, the Yaris is not just a miniature Camry.

HAHA, BINGO.:headbang: I am exactly this kind of person, I have a camry, and I don't think I will consider a rolla as my second car, I would rather have a Yaris RS. I really love the sliding seat. :respekt:

swng
02-10-2006, 08:11 PM
HAHA, BINGO.:headbang: I am exactly this kind of person, I have a camry, and I don't think I will consider a rolla as my second car, I would rather have a Yaris RS. I really love the sliding seat. :respekt:

Thanks for agreeing Karel:smile::bow:!

p2filz
02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
the sliding seat is on the liftback only rite? thats what ive heard

Karel
02-13-2006, 10:22 AM
the sliding seat is on the liftback only rite? thats what ive heard

Yes, and only on the top RS trim in Canada, not sure about the US though.

dandj
02-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I took a look at a corolla but it doesen't fit me. The echo fit ok but didn't like the looks well enough to buy. I hope the yaris sets as high as the echo.

swng
02-20-2006, 07:01 PM
I took a look at a corolla but it doesen't fit me. The echo fit ok but didn't like the looks well enough to buy. I hope the yaris sets as high as the echo.

Being actually the next generation Echo, the Yaris retains many virtues of the Echo and embraces many new improvements. You've got to see it yourself.