PDA

View Full Version : Yaris TS Performance Parts Compatibility Thread

CASTREX
10-20-2008, 02:12 PM
As you must know, there is almost ZERO support on performance parts specific for our cars as of today.
This situation lead us to look at other Toyota cars for parts compatible to us.

The intention of this thread is for you to post CONFIRMED compatible parts for the Yaris TS.

:w00t:

CASTREX
10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Yaris suspension components.

I have installed a Tein Coilover system from a US spec Yaris into my TS with no further problem or modification involved.

I know of a couple of members also using the H&R lowering springs. These springs are also offered for the regular and the US spec Yaris, therefore we can say the other Yaris suspension components (Springs, performance shocks and coilovers) will work on our cars.

Link to the thread for the Coilover Instalation on the TS:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9586

CASTREX
10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
US spec Yaris TRD rear Sway Bar.

I believe this one is hard to find outside the US, but I believe there are other Yaris rear sway bars.

Here is a Pic of a US spec TRD rear sway bar installed on my TS:

CASTREX
10-20-2008, 03:52 PM
US Yaris leather shift boot from Redline goods:
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Yaris9906shiftboot.shtm

Mine is black leather with JDM red stiching to match my Razo weighted Shift Knob.

CASTREX
10-20-2008, 04:11 PM
I didn't wanted to go for a K&N replacement filter since there is not much gains other than not having to change the filter any more.:frown:

First I went for a "semi" Short ram intake.
To do it I removed the hole filter plastic box assembly keeping only the OE plastic housing for the MAF sensor.
The I just installed a High Flow filter directly to the MAF housing and made a small bracket to hold the intake in place. I used a HKS mushroom filter since I really like the look of those ... :biggrin:

Then, a few weeks ago a reputable US intake manufacturer FUJITA announced the release of their new CAI (Cold Air Intake) for the US Scion xD car. (Toyota IST in Japan).

For those who don't know, the Scion xD is based on the Yaris chassis and the US version comes equipped with the 2ZR-FE 1.8L engine.
So I took the chance and ordered one of these to try it on the Yaris TS.

The result: Is and ALMOST fit..! The only part that doesn't fit 100% is a bracket used to secure the pipe that is a little shorter than it should for our cars.
Other than that, the Scion xD CAI works perfectly on our cars. See below a picture of the cai installed on my TS.

I found that the bracket is not required so it won't prevent the correct function of the intake. The air filter is relocated right below the headlight and it sit there really snugged. So there pipe is not moving around...

I have had the intake installed for a few weeks with no problem at all.

CASTREX
06-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Update with new parts:

1)Scion xD AFE Intake, works on the TS.

2) NST Short shift kit (SSK) Will only work on the 07/08 5 speed TS. It will NOT work on the 6speed shifter.

3) NST Cable Metal Bushings. Will work on on the 5speed TS. Not yet confirmed on the 6speed but it looks like it would work.

4) NST underdrive pulley for the Scion xD. Works like a charm on all TS with the 2ZR engine.

5) TRD Brake pads for the Scion xD. These WON't work on the Yaris TS. Although they are the same shape and height, the Xd pads are a little bit longer than the TS pads.
(I will be attempting to machine some these pads to make them fit)

NonStopTuning
06-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Excellent thread!

lammy29
06-26-2009, 08:40 PM
US Yaris leather shift boot from Redline goods:
http://www.redlinegoods.com/Yaris9906shiftboot.shtm

Mine is black leather with JDM red stiching to match my Razo weighted Shift Knob.

will it fit with the Shifter extension?

CASTREX
06-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Redline boots are quite long.... I have to folded mine to make it fit alright.

So I guess it can work with about 1.5" longer stick.

You can also request a longer boot when you are orderinng from redline.

oxide666
11-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I didn't wanted to go for a K&N replacement filter since there is not much gains other than not having to change the filter any more.:frown:

First I went for a "semi" Short ram intake.
To do it I removed the hole filter plastic box assembly keeping only the OE plastic housing for the MAF sensor.
The I just installed a High Flow filter directly to the MAF housing and made a small bracket to hold the intake in place. I used a HKS mushroom filter since I really like the look of those ... :biggrin:

Then, a few weeks ago a reputable US intake manufacturer FUJITA announced the release of their new CAI (Cold Air Intake) for the US Scion xD car. (Toyota IST in Japan).

For those who don't know, the Scion xD is based on the Yaris chassis and the US version comes equipped with the 2ZR-FE 1.8L engine.
So I took the chance and ordered one of these to try it on the Yaris TS.

The result: Is and ALMOST fit..! The only part that doesn't fit 100% is a bracket used to secure the pipe that is a little shorter than it should for our cars.
Other than that, the Scion xD CAI works perfectly on our cars. See below a picture of the cai installed on my TS.

I found that the bracket is not required so it won't prevent the correct function of the intake. The air filter is relocated right below the headlight and it sit there really snugged. So there pipe is not moving around...

I have had the intake installed for a few weeks with no problem at all.

how did u manage to fit it behind the headlight is it a tight space did u have to take anything out

CASTREX
11-07-2009, 05:56 PM
It fits... a bit tight but it does. I've had it there for over a year now.

Another good option is the AFE intake for the xD. that leaves the filter on top.:wink:

oxide666
11-07-2009, 06:08 PM
It fits... a bit tight but it does. I've had it there for over a year now.

Another good option is the AFE intake for the xD. that leaves the filter on top.:wink:

do u mean the stage 2
not the cai?

CASTREX
11-07-2009, 06:12 PM
do u mean the stage 2
not the cai?

yes that one.

They actually call it a cai as they privide some form of enclousure for it. many members with the 1.5L yaris have it and their are very happy with it.

You can get the xD afe cai from caliyaris (forum sponsor and AFE distributor) he ships worldwide fyi

oxide666
11-07-2009, 06:15 PM
ah wkd will have to pm him bin looking for some parts so hard to find n get to uk thanks for info

tcpty
11-07-2009, 06:21 PM
How about a set of HEADERS for the TS? Anyone with any experience? Compatibility?

CASTREX
11-08-2009, 02:30 AM
How about a set of HEADERS for the TS? Anyone with any experience? Compatibility?

Nope. Nothing yet. a compnay has been working on some headers for the scion xd that should fit our car... but nothing has came out to the market yet!!

tk-421
11-08-2009, 02:38 AM
Excellent thread!
+1 :clap:
Thread is now stuck.

tcpty
11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Anyone know if the Cat-Back exhaust being sold for Yaris 1.3 or 1.5 can be used on a 1.8 TS?

CASTREX
11-11-2009, 07:22 PM
What cat back??? Is there a cat back for the Yaris?

I think Magnaflow came up with one sometime ago but the price was crazy.

Custom exhaust FTW!

tcpty
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
What cat back??? Is there a cat back for the Yaris?

I think Magnaflow came up with one sometime ago but the price was crazy.

Custom exhaust FTW!

Sorry Castrex. My Bad.... "Axle Back"

But, do you know if they fit the TS?

CASTREX
11-12-2009, 12:02 PM
The axlebacks will bolt on... as the exhaust is the same. However I'm not sure at how the exhaust tips would line up with the TS bumper. You know since our bumper has that shape for the exhaust tip. The tip from some of the US axlebacks might not align properly... and that would look really bad.

IMO... go custom! I can give you some suggestions depending on what you are currently looking for. I actually have 2 custom exhaust for my TS... a loud one and a semi quite one... I can swap them in a matter of 15min.

Another reason why the custom route is better than the off the shelf axleback is because you can get rid of the tiny and crushed pipe that goes from the cat back to the axle. :thumbdown:

tcpty
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM
OK, Thanks for all the info! I just wanted to know if the exhaust were "compatible" And, yes, the tip was a concern of mine with our rear bumpers and the bolt-on compatibility for our TS's

There are quite a few options available for the Yaris. I would definitely would not go "loud" but wanted a freer flow than stock to continue the small performance gains. IMO "loud" does not necessarily means faster and a well "proven" or R&D'd aftermarket exhaust is worth the money because of "that" proven track record if they can back up their gains claim. Time sheets do not lie.

CASTREX
11-12-2009, 03:03 PM
The problem is that achieving high flow and quietness at the same time would be close to imposIble!! Most axlebacks for the Yaris are really loud.

This is what I did...

I replaced the entire exhaust from the cat back. I even went as far as removing the secondary cat. Yes, in case you haven't noticed our cars come with 2 cat converters. I removed the secondary one and haven't had any problems.. the car passes the emissions testing and all.

I used 2.25" diameter pipe all the way back.

Initially I used 2 round Magnaflow mufflers. 1 installed in place of the OE pre-silencer and the other one at the back right before the tip.

The car felt great!! and the sound was awesome...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Pp1IuJzG8

But it was a little too loud... a bit annoying specially during long trips...

So I had a flanger welded right over the axle and made a second axleback section using a chambered oval muffler...

I can still feel a difference over stock and the sound is just a bit louder than stock...

Good thing that I can swap between the 2 axlebacks in a matter of 15 min. From the straight thru Magnaflow to the Chambered one... :thumbup:

Usually drive around with the chambered muffler and install the Magnaflow when I go for out for a fast drive.

When I get to complete my turbo set up I'll just keep the magnaflow as the turbo should help a bit with the noise...

oxide666
11-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Sorry Castrex. My Bad.... "Axle Back"

But, do you know if they fit the TS?

there is a few i have sin
a sebring axleback i orderd will be instaling as soon as i get and a TRC/fox
sebring ment to be gd not to loud not sure about the trc

chongopants
11-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah good info.

Danish Yaris
11-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi

I tried to install my Tanabe Touring Medalion exhaust last week. It wonīt fit the TS as the tail pipe is placed to the right for the tail pipe cut in the rear bumper, so it doesnīt look good at all.

Regards Steven.

CASTREX
11-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Good to know...

That's what I was afraid.... the tip not aligning properly with the bumper.

tcpty
11-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Steven!

As Castrex said, good to know what works and what doesn't!

oxide666
11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
sebring fits well no probshttp://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs066.snc3/13331_343163395499_574495499_9715626_5806388_n.jpg

barebonedvitz
02-02-2010, 12:35 AM
will the TS engine fit the US spec yaris?

tofuufot
02-03-2010, 10:05 PM
no one knows?

tk-421
02-03-2010, 10:40 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't.

barebonedvitz
02-11-2010, 03:02 AM
it should right? has anyone tried it yet?

barebonedvitz
02-11-2010, 03:05 AM
it should right? anyone know who's done it yet?

lammy29
02-13-2010, 02:05 PM
just wondering oxide666, where you get the sebring from?

CASTREX
02-13-2010, 03:14 PM
it should right? anyone know who's done it yet?

You do realize the TS engine is the same as the scion xd and the scion xd and yaris share the same chasis platform.

In other words you just need an engine and a ECU out of a XD to do the swap.

No one has done it because the gains do not justify the investment. If you have a yaris with a broken engine on ther other side... this swap would make a lot of sence

Danish Yaris
02-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Hi

I was wondering if you could swap the ECU with one from a Toyota Avensis/Auris/Verso 1,8 Dual VVT-I? They have got 147hp. instead of the 133hp. in our Toyota Yaris 1,8 TS.
Look at the specifications here: http://www.toyota.dk/cars/new_cars/avensis/fullspecs.aspx

I think itīs the same engine, so I would think itīs just the ECU thatīs decide the amount of hp.
Does anybody know if it could be done?

Regards Steven.

kr1
02-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi.

Itīs not the same engine. So, swapping ecu makes no different for yaris.

Danish Yaris
02-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi

Are you sure itīs not the same engine, as they are both 1,8 Dual VVT-I? Itīs not a VVTL-I like the Toyota Corolla TS.

Regards Steven.

shtou
02-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Hi

Are you sure itīs not the same engine, as they are both 1,8 Dual VVT-I? Itīs not a VVTL-I like the Toyota Corolla TS.

Regards Steven.

it's not.check this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_ZR_engine#2ZR-FE

the new 1.8L (147HP) engine has 2ZR-FAE and TS engine has 2ZR-FE code.one letter is missed from our engine :biggrin:.the diference betwwen torque is not much-5NM.and the new engine has Valvematic system.

lammy29
03-02-2010, 09:22 AM
2) NST Short shift kit (SSK) Will only work on the 07/08 5 speed TS. It will NOT work on the 6speed shifter.

3) NST Cable Metal Bushings. Will work on on the 5speed TS. Not yet confirmed on the 6speed but it looks like it would work.
)

Just wondering if the in cabin shifter fits and both of the brushings aswell.

Yoshua
03-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Hi All,

I have a question regarding to the speedometer cluster of my yaris sedan 07. I'm interesting in swapp the cluster for a 2010 the only different is that mine just have one clock and the 10 has 2 one for the miles and the other for RPM but I'm not sure if I do a swapp the RPM gonna works or just is plug and play? excuse me for the inglish I'm from PR so someone could help on this, please. Thanks

barebonedvitz
04-22-2010, 03:15 AM
You do realize the TS engine is the same as the scion xd and the scion xd and yaris share the same chasis platform.

In other words you just need an engine and a ECU out of a XD to do the swap.

No one has done it because the gains do not justify the investment. If you have a yaris with a broken engine on ther other side... this swap would make a lot of sence

ya pretty i've been aware ever since the new engine came out... i was just wondering if this 1.8 would have different mounts... but since no one has done it... i guess i'll just have to do my own homework on this.. thanx castrex :)

captaincrunch
04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I hav a stock intake with just a regular k&n filter. Do you think upgrading to a CAI would make of a difference? I need something to do on my car so if a did that I might get a throttle body spacer too.

carlghoul
08-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I want to use my Yaris hatchback on rough backroads, so I could use more ground clearance. The Scion xd has 6 1/2" ground clearance vs the Yaris' 5 1/2". Anyone know the length of the xd's springs?

lammy29
09-13-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.remusuk.com/model.asp?id=Sport,%20Typ%28e%29%20XP9,%201.8l%20V VT-i%2098%20kW,%202007=%3E,%202ZR-FE&mod=Yaris%20II&man=Toyota

tempted to buy it but dunno what it sounds like....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Yaris-2006-2010-TRD-Rear-Sway-Bar-Kit-OEM-NEW-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20aefae92cQQitemZ14037 4632748QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

is the rear sway bar easy to fit?

candy_red
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
How much of a difference you get with the NST pulley?

It just improves the will of the car to rev in simple words right?

No actual hp gain or.....

shtou
02-04-2011, 12:55 AM
How much of a difference you get with the NST pulley?

It just improves the will of the car to rev in simple words right?

No actual hp gain or.....

on the site it says that ~8HP more.members who installed it say it feels some gain.i'm thinking to buy one for me.

PumpkinSteve
02-12-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm interested in the NST pulley but there's a video on youtube of a failed pulley, bearings came loose in the centre or something...now I'm worried.

lammy29
08-14-2011, 04:02 AM
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/product/files/32003-AT016/32003-AT016.pdf

anyone know if it will fit?

rayy
02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
-scion xd 1.8 2zrfe weapon r header

fits %100

thebarber
02-10-2012, 07:32 AM
-scion xd 1.8 2zrfe weapon r header

fits %100

Great news.

pixelpusher
11-08-2015, 10:50 PM
I have '05 Echo brake parts that I was going to put on my Echo hatchback before it was totaled in an accident.

Now I'm looking to purchase a 2011 Yaris. Does anyone know if my '05 Echo brakes (Rotors, pads and brake lines) will fill on an '11 Yaris.

Thanks

Hard_Yaris
06-21-2017, 01:59 AM
I have '05 Echo brake parts that I was going to put on my Echo hatchback before it was totaled in an accident.

Now I'm looking to purchase a 2011 Yaris. Does anyone know if my '05 Echo brakes (Rotors, pads and brake lines) will fill on an '11 Yaris.

Thanks

Can anyone help me or pixelpusher with what other cars parts fit a 2005 echo hatchback?
I read Scion xA and xB models do, at what age range do they work for the echo?
I'm really looking for suspension parts,