PDA

View Full Version : who's in CT?

enviri
10-22-2008, 10:23 PM
who's in CT? i only know of 2 others and i THINK i passed by one of you guys in a sedan (i was flashed by one) on the merritt, going 100 a few weeks back..im just wondering :rolleyes:

Bob_VT
10-22-2008, 10:45 PM
LOL I drive there for work in my LB..... going there on Saturday for a day in Suffield..... go to Hartford alot too.

enviri
10-23-2008, 03:01 AM
from vt? that's some traveling! suffield...where the hell is that..near the border i think

Bob_VT
10-23-2008, 06:47 AM
About 6/10ths of a mile from Agawam (Six Flags) MA. I am a college rep and you can see the rollar coaster from the campus on the river.

About a 3 hour trip from central VT

CTScott
10-23-2008, 08:07 AM
About 6/10ths of a mile from Agawam (Six Flags) MA. I am a college rep and you can see the rollar coaster from the campus on the river.

About a 3 hour trip from central VT

Hmmm, Central VT college - Not Norwich by any chance?

tuckevalastin
10-23-2008, 09:13 AM
I am for 8 months of the year

Bob_VT
10-23-2008, 10:09 AM
No I live in West Rutland, VT and work for schools in CT

thepaidtraveler
11-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I live in Norwich! :D

Well, not in the city but up by the farmland near Sprague/Baltic.

POORSHA
12-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Dayville CT

I travel to Norwood MA every day

SailDesign
12-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Heh! I'm in Connecticut West (Rhode Island...)
I can get there in 30 minutes, and have lots of friends left over from my VW days, mostly in the Hartford area from the Wasserwerks club. Still miss the monthly bash up and down Rte 2 to get to meetings.

Yev
12-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm in CT as well.

enviri
12-21-2008, 11:17 AM
nice, where at

Yev
12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
nice, where at
Near Waterbury.

CTScott
12-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Near Waterbury.

What color is your sedan?
I see quite a few regularly on 84. I'm in Southbury.

Yev
12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
What color is your sedan?
I see quite a few regularly on 84. I'm in Southbury.
Silver.. such a unique color :rolleyes:

CTScott
12-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Silver.. such a unique color :rolleyes:

Only unique if you drive the silver one with the zebra seat covers I keep seeing...

enviri
12-21-2008, 10:11 PM
mmm zebra prints.

Yev
12-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Only unique if you drive the silver one with the zebra seat covers I keep seeing...
Nope no zebra print.. but if I find an extra set of steelies, then I will be driving a Silver Yaris with bright orange (or maybe red) wheels.

kosko
05-13-2009, 11:05 AM
CT Resident Here:
No one has posted in this for a while, so in hopes that CT people still check-in on this I say we get together soon since the nice weather is here and I love to BBQ!!!
Even if you have checked in, post again if your still with us and lets set something up list your area too so we can find a nice central location:
Shelton

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
we're having a car show next weekend the 23rd in NY if interested.

CTScott
05-13-2009, 12:49 PM
CT Resident Here:
No one has posted in this for a while, so in hopes that CT people still check-in on this I say we get together soon since the nice weather is here and I love to BBQ!!!
Even if you have checked in, post again if your still with us and lets set something up list your area too so we can find a nice central location:
Shelton

Sounds good. We have quite a few CT people on here now. I'm in:

Southbury

CTScott
05-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Is that the show at Rockland Toyota (on the 24th, I thought I saw)?

DerFlosser
05-13-2009, 01:41 PM
I am in CT as well.:w00t:

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Is that the show at Rockland Toyota (on the 24th, I thought I saw)?

yes, 1st 2nd 3rd place trophies plus free food /swag.....

kosko
05-13-2009, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the info! My brother will be getting married that weekend so I can't make it...

I am thinking since there are still some CT folks around (not like the first post of this was too long ago), that we should still maybe even just do a "meet and greet." I will look into some locations and start planning dates since summers can fill up quick (with other shows, holidays and vacations), but I am fairly new to all this and would like to meet others!

As an FYI Saturdays will work best for me, but other days could still be a possibility:thumbsup:.

enviri
05-13-2009, 04:14 PM
lol shelton, i think the real central location is waterburyish...with all the ct ppl

CTScott
05-13-2009, 04:17 PM
lol shelton, i think the real central location is waterburyish...with all the ct ppl

I think he means he's from Shelton.

Speaking of the Waterbury area though, Kettletown State Park is here in Southbury and might be a good location.

enviri
05-13-2009, 04:29 PM
nice, im in fairfield area. southbury isnt too far anyway :P come to rockland we have fun! lol. im currently in the process of asking boss to switch days on the 24th. it'll be hard.

Deltasix
05-17-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm in the Middletown area, up for a meet sometime, pretty much anywhere in the state.

Autoprue
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm in Middletown too mainly I stare at other Subies but I have taken to noticing your deadly egg cars lately. Funny thing too today while stopped at a intersection, a dark silver sedan whipped past me (sounded like he was testing out the rev limiter big time) near Wesleyan University I got a good chuckle out of it. :thumbsup: You guys should set up a meet night for food or go carts. :burnrubber:

The Architect
05-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Im h'yuh. In the vernon/manchester/hartford area.

the state isnt very big so a meet is more then easy enough.

tuckevalastin
05-17-2009, 11:43 PM
architect do u have vortek generators on your Yaris? Saw a light colored HB around exit 66 on 84 in Vernon the other week that was modded. Ive been wondering if it was someone on here.

guiltyparty
06-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm in CT and also an architect. I don't have my Yaris yet but should have it by the end of this week or early next.

enviri
06-08-2009, 11:27 PM
welcome welcome, guiltyparty! hope you enjoy your yaris

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
06-09-2009, 11:05 AM
you guys should come to my meet on JULY 19th....

jryaris
06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Just picked up a 2009 3dr, very cool! a little week in the suspension.

jryaris
06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
What to do to personalize my yaris, any thoughts;
J.R

enviri
06-14-2009, 11:16 PM
first get a swaybar. best first mod ever:thumbsup:. cosmetically

there's also a shop in your area, excelerate performance that offers some yaris stuff..also cipmotoring in milford. you might wanna check either for performance needs.

http://store.excelerateperformance.com/default.aspx

http://www.cipmotorsports.com/toyotayaris.html

as always, microimageonline.com and trdsparks is a good start.
:biggrin:

bad62bug
08-27-2009, 02:24 AM
from windsor locks ct 2008 2dr yaris
I'm still into old bugs have a 62 best time in the 1/4 is 13.0@104 turbo charged 1904cc:thumbup:

Heh! I'm in Connecticut West (Rhode Island...)
I can get there in 30 minutes, and have lots of friends left over from my VW days, mostly in the Hartford area from the Wasserwerks club. Still miss the monthly bash up and down Rte 2 to get to meetings.

rtom
11-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Best dealers in CT?

I don't have my Yaris yet, so I'm wondering if some dealers might be better than others...

Anyone got good or bad stories about Toyota dealerships?

CTScott
11-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Best dealers in CT?

I don't have my Yaris yet, so I'm wondering if some dealers might be better than others...

Anyone got good or bad stories about Toyota dealerships?

In July of 2008, I tried to preorder my 09 5 door. I spoke with dealers all over CT and NY, with almost all of them telling me that there was not going to be a 5 door and that I should just buy one of the 3 doors on their lot. It really left me with a bad taste for quite a few of them.

I ended up ordering mine from Tri-State Toyota in Dudley, MA at the recommendation of a friend of mine who is the sales manager for a Ford dealership and who bought his wife's Corolla from them. I was completely happy with my experience with them.

A close second was A-1 Toyota in New Haven. They actually agreed with the upcoming 5 door and would have been willing to pre-order for me, if I hadn't already gotten my order in with Tri-State. They also followed up with me, once they had 5 doors on the lot.

The one that I was the most disgusted with was Greentree in Danbury. They really came across as the slimy car salespeople type.

rtom
11-04-2009, 12:39 PM
In July of 2008, I tried to preorder my 09 5 door. I spoke with dealers all over CT and NY, with almost all of them telling me that there was not going to be a 5 door and that I should just buy one of the 3 doors on their lot. It really left me with a bad taste for quite a few of them.

I ended up ordering mine from Tri-State Toyota in Dudley, MA at the recommendation of a friend of mine who is the sales manager for a Ford dealership and who bought his wife's Corolla from them. I was completely happy with my experience with them.

A close second was A-1 Toyota in New Haven. They actually agreed with the upcoming 5 door and would have been willing to pre-order for me, if I hadn't already gotten my order in with Tri-State. They also followed up with me, once they had 5 doors on the lot.

The one that I was the most disgusted with was Greentree in Danbury. They really came across as the slimy car salespeople type.
Thanks, CTScott. I actually work and live very close to New Haven, so I will visit A-1.

I've never bought a new car before, so I am a bit ignorant about the process, though I've been trying to read about it as much as I can. One question: if you buy a new car in a state different than the state in which you live, is it very much of a pain to get it correctly registered and taxed? I'm guessing it's not that big a deal.

CTScott
11-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks, CTScott. I actually work and live very close to New Haven, so I will visit A-1.

I've never bought a new car before, so I am a bit ignorant about the process, though I've been trying to read about it as much as I can. One question: if you buy a new car in a state different than the state in which you live, is it very much of a pain to get it correctly registered and taxed? I'm guessing it's not that big a deal.

This was my first out of state purchase. It turned out to be no big deal, as the MA dealer took care of getting the CT registration and plates. The registration process automatically kicks off the whole property tax piece.

Out of curiosity, what town are you in?

rtom
11-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I live in Guilford and work in New Haven, so a large part of my driving is just back and forth between these G'ford & NH.

I'm currently driving a 1997 Geo Metro which I still rather like, though it's getting expensive and/or time-consuming to keep it running. I now have a lot of tools, and bills for work that I don't feel comfortable doing myself (brakes, new clutch last year).

One issue for me has been how often I've needed a new exhaust: about every 2-3 years for cat-back or muffler & resonator. This year I got tired of paying others to do the work & replaced the muffler myself. But I am curious why I have such a problem. It could be because I have a gravel driveway that just stays wet all the time. Or maybe it's largely because most of my trips are just the 15 miles between work and home. Anyway, I'd like to do what I can to extend the life of the exhaust in the new car when I get it.

CTScott
11-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I live in Guilford and work in New Haven, so a large part of my driving is just back and forth between these G'ford & NH.

I'm currently driving a 1997 Geo Metro which I still rather like, though it's getting expensive and/or time-consuming to keep it running. I now have a lot of tools, and bills for work that I don't feel comfortable doing myself (brakes, new clutch last year).

One issue for me has been how often I've needed a new exhaust: about every 2-3 years for cat-back or muffler & resonator. This year I got tired of paying others to do the work & replaced the muffler myself. But I am curious why I have such a problem. It could be because I have a gravel driveway that just stays wet all the time. Or maybe it's largely because most of my trips are just the 15 miles between work and home. Anyway, I'd like to do what I can to extend the life of the exhaust in the new car when I get it.

Interesting. It may just be a quality issue with the Geo's exhaust. My past three cars, prior to my Yaris. were a Mitsubishi Expo LRV, which I put 150K on and the factory SS exhaust was still perfect on, a Subaru Forrester, which had 118K with the factory exhaust still good, and my Xterra, which has 55K and the exhaust is still fine. My commute was a similar ~15 mile one when I had the Expo and the Forrester.

enviri
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
yeah i heard that car had issues with exhausts. i had a friend that changed his a couple times before giving up.

rtom
11-06-2009, 07:45 PM
One thing I like about the Geo is that it's a pretty easy car to work on -- not much different than a large lawnmower!

What do you guys think about the Yaris -- in 10 years will we be cursing how hard it is to get to certain areas of the engine, etc? The worst is when something that breaks a lot is really hard to get to.

CTScott
11-06-2009, 07:48 PM
One thing I like about the Geo is that it's a pretty easy car to work on -- not much different than a large lawnmower!

What do you guys think about the Yaris -- in 10 years will we be cursing how hard it is to get to certain areas of the engine, etc? The worst is when something that breaks a lot is really hard to get to.

It's by far the easiest car to work on (both inside and under the hood) that I've ever owned. Thanks to Crashy I've also taken one further apart than I've ever had a car apart as well.

ctrj
05-29-2010, 01:37 AM
I bought one of the first Yaris (might even had been the first) Sedans from A1 Toyota in New Haven. I used to drive from Hamden to Greenwich 5 days a week. I would recommend A1 to anyone who needs a Toyota. Even after we moved away, our salesman still calls to make sure things are okay.