PDA

View Full Version : New refrigerator magnets

LtNoogie
10-25-2008, 12:58 AM
:burnrubber:

anonymous user
10-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Where's your #'s? And thank god you got those, your fridge looks soo bare and naked w/o them on the right side.

LtNoogie
10-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Where's your #'s? And thank god you got those, your fridge looks soo bare and naked w/o them on the right side.

How does one get a permanent number? I've only autox'd once and they issued me a paper number sheet when I registered.

Sabretooth
10-25-2008, 11:23 PM
You could always do what I did, get a 3 digit number and let them know upon registering and let them know that you have your own.

I have 2 STS ones and 2 "593" ones

anonymous user
10-26-2008, 04:45 AM
How does one get a permanent number? I've only autox'd once and they issued me a paper number sheet when I registered.

I don't know how all regions work, but you check to see if another person in your class has your number. If not, reserve it, and it's yours.
So if you wanted sts 1, and someone has sm 1, since he's not in your class, it's all good.

kmfuse87
10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
forgive me for asking such a dumb question. What does STS mean? :confused: I am new to the forum and would LOVE to get into auto xing, just need some new tires (and the money to pay for them). So i dont know much about it and just trying to get an idea for how it all works. :w00t::burnrubber:

LtNoogie
10-30-2008, 12:43 AM
forgive me for asking such a dumb question. What does STS mean? :confused: I am new to the forum and would LOVE to get into auto xing, just need some new tires (and the money to pay for them). So i dont know much about it and just trying to get an idea for how it all works. :w00t::burnrubber:

STS stands for Street Touring Sport and is one of the many categories that cars fall under when racing SCCA Solo events.

I am attaching the SCCA Solo Car Classifications. I think it's a judgement call on where your car belongs. Based on my current mods, I fall under STS. There are are a bunch of Versa guys who race under Honda Stock (HS) only because SCCA doesn't quite know where to classify them and the Yaris. I might race with them for the fun of it, that's why I bought the HS magnets.

anonymous user
10-30-2008, 07:40 PM
^^ I don't want you going around thinking HS stands for honda stock, so i'll interject.
A-Stock
B-Stock
C-Stock
D-Stock
E-Stock
F-Stock
G-Stock
H-Stock (H-stock is a class, not just for hondas :)

Here's some info that can help the neewbs class their cars:
http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

Click on the quick reference sheets to view.

LtNoogie
10-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks. That's what the Versa guys told me so I just believed them.:mad:

thebarber
12-14-2008, 06:30 PM
auto-x ftw

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/dabarber/yaris/100_5896.jpg

LtNoogie
12-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Cool. What does F/SS stand for? I just bought a set of STX magnets because the rules say that the class will accept forced-induction up to 2.0L. Today the SCCA people told me that STX is only for OEM force-induction.

Now I have to run in SM (street mod) or CSM (California Street Mod). More magnets to buy.

p.s. Are you the guy who used to have the humongous beard?

thebarber
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
f/ss = super stock, class F (allowed 3 points of mods - i had r comps (1) and intake (2), if i remember that right...)

Russelt3hPirate
12-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Cool. What does F/SS stand for? I just bought a set of STX magnets because the rules say that the class will accept forced-induction up to 2.0L. Today the SCCA people told me that STX is only for OEM force-induction.

Now I have to run in SM (street mod) or CSM (California Street Mod). More magnets to buy.

p.s. Are you the guy who used to have the humongous beard?

this is where it pays to know the class rules before modifying.

I do wish you luck against the 400whp S4s and M3's

a Yaris in FSP would be a fun setup, all I need is a 2nd set of wheels for the street and then some R-Comps. :)

LtNoogie
12-20-2008, 12:46 AM
I not running autocross to win trophies. I'm just doing for the fun of it. I could probably run in H Stock and nobody would care unless I started winning. Half the time, I'm carrying a passenger so they don't let me race in a class anyway.

thebarber
12-20-2008, 01:28 PM
why run w/ a passenger?

LtNoogie
12-20-2008, 01:36 PM
To get them excited about autocrossing.

thebarber
12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
To get them excited about autocrossing.

oh, i guess that makes sense....too bad it slows you down, lol

Russelt3hPirate
12-20-2008, 07:32 PM
I not running autocross to win trophies. I'm just doing for the fun of it. I could probably run in H Stock and nobody would care unless I started winning. Half the time, I'm carrying a passenger so they don't let me race in a class anyway.

Understandable, but the car will be more fun while autoxing with better tires.

:)

LtNoogie
12-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Better tires are on the list. I do have to say that these tires have held up very well on the autocross vs. the stock ones. I do not hear any squealing or stuttering through my turns. They did, however, break loose into a spin, suddenly during that last run.

Russelt3hPirate
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Better tires are on the list. I do have to say that these tires have held up very well on the autocross vs. the stock ones. I do not hear any squealing or stuttering through my turns. They did, however, break loose into a spin, suddenly during that last run.

the amount of noise isn't a good indication of a tires grip, some scream like a toddler where some don't.

either way, sounds like you're on the right track.

mikenacarato
12-22-2008, 05:58 PM
haha i have my sts and my number 40 on my fridge too.