PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lighting option...

fnkngrv
07-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I did a search and unless I didn't miss them....has anyone purchased/installed that option or got it from the dealer yet? I am curious if you can change to a different color once you have them and what they really look like as in physically and not turned on....

tca4
07-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Hmm good question i would like to know that as well :smile:

Ran Kizama
07-21-2006, 03:04 PM
From what I gather, only blue is available right now. If they offer a red option later on, I might actually grab it.

fnkngrv
07-21-2006, 03:49 PM
I would prefer green myself....They should release them with the capability to change out color units/bulbs is what they should do IMO.

casterqc
07-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Are you talking about the blue interior light kit??

If so, I hope you're not planning on paying 190$ from the dealer to get these:eyebulge:

There is a lot of led lights avaible in different colors on ebay that will do the same job for 20$ max.

TRD_Yaris
07-22-2006, 04:38 AM
yeah, or Glowshift.com has an 11million color LED kit that uses a computer to shift the multi color leds to a rainbow bliss..for a little more than a hundred bucks.

fnkngrv
07-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Well ebay can be shady so I am a little leary of just buying lighting on there. I got burned by 2 Xenon headlight bulb companies on there....my bulbs lasted me only a couple months each and both companys folded in under a year (they both boasted lifetime garauntees)....one of them folded within 3 months of them starting out.

07WYarisRS
07-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I have blue neons under my dash
cost me $ 20

All I did was pop down the pannels, drilled a couple 1/8" holes and zip tied the two 9" long neons to the pannels. Stuffed the wiring under the center consol and plugged it into the sig lighter

Chaad32
07-23-2006, 08:42 AM
I have blue neons under my dash
cost me $ 20

All I did was pop down the pannels, drilled a couple 1/8" holes and zip tied the two 9" long neons to the pannels. Stuffed the wiring under the center consol and plugged it into the sig lighter

I did the same thing with another car I had and I agree.....don't pay the overpriced price for the toyota neons, just visit your local Pep boys or auto store. They usually have these things for not that much money.

MacMaster761
07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
oznium.com, this is the hit lighting spot for all the scion folk, all the dealer installed lights are is the cold cathodes, really easy to install yourself with wireties if you know basic wiring, and the cold cathodes from oznium are actually brighter than the dealer installed lights

fnkngrv
07-25-2006, 09:30 AM
I really like the wheel well kits....and don't really give a rats ass if someone wants to say they are Rice.:respekt:

paultyler_82
07-28-2006, 02:02 AM
Um... make your own, it's cheaper and you can get the color you want, length you want, usw. I'll post some of my enclosure and circuit designs for you all when I get home. And from personal experience, I can tell you, you want to use LED tubes, NOT cold cathode, those things do not fare well in the long run under the vibration and temperature changes that a car environment will subject them to. Hey, if some of you don't feel up to making your own, get with me, I'm pretty busy with work, but may be able to make you a kit for parts cost and a small fee, name the color and how many bars you need for where in the car, I'll see what I can do for you.

IsLNdbOi
09-02-2006, 08:56 PM
But doesn't doing it yourself (drilling, etc.) affect your car's warranty? Also, doesn't Toyota install a power switch for the kit AND have it plugged into power internally instead of plugging it into the cigarette lighter outlet?

TrancosRt
09-02-2006, 10:15 PM
But doesn't doing it yourself (drilling, etc.) affect your car's warranty? Also, doesn't Toyota install a power switch for the kit AND have it plugged into power internally instead of plugging it into the cigarette lighter outlet?
All that can be easily fixed. The only thing I don't know is how Toyota attach the units to the dashboard.

07WYarisRS
09-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Toyota or any other MFG can NOT deny warranty for installing lighting or many other aftermarket parts. Whay they can void id the part installed or what it was attached to.
My Xtreme had a full stailess exhaust, tint, under body and under dash neons, traction bars, different size tires, underdrive pullies and high output alt, all synthetic fluids, and aftermarket audio system.
NONE of this affected my warranty against mfg defects.

FWIW you can use double sided tape to install the neons and never have to drill a hole