View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #13
screenprintr

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I typically get 2 to 3 PMs a week from people who have purchased cheap fog light kits on eBay and are having trouble installing them. These always turn into PM chains, as there is never good documentation with the kits, and typically, the people who have purchased them and are asking the questions have zero experience with automotive wiring.

I never mind helping people out, but I have reached the end of my patience with this topic. So, from now on, those who PM me for support with ebay fog kits will simply receive a link to this thread.

Micro Image (a supporting vendor of this forum) sells fog light kits for 2006-2011 Yaris that are actually documented and work properly with the Yaris. They charge more than the cheap ebay kits sell for, but include a high quality relay that plugs into the OEM fog light relay socket. The cheap relay included with the ebay kits is an extremely poor quality relay with a high likelihood of eventual catastrophic failure. I have seen enough pictures of melted ones to know that it is not something that I would want to have sitting under my dash.

Here is a link to the Micro Image kits:
http://shop.microimageonline.com/Fog...?categoryId=-1
Your Link says it's back ordered next to: Availability.
screenprintr is offline   Reply With Quote