View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #13
TTM

Drives: Vitz Turbo M
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
My God that is a lovely ride and thousands of enthusiasts around the globe shed a tear for its mandated death.

- do you receive any form of financial compensation for the car at the end of 10 years or is all your money gone?

yes, there is a small sum rebate upon the expiry of the COE.This car population control regulation has been around since 1994.a renewal is made possible by paying for the COE which renews the car for next 10yrs.As of latest COE bidding, price came down a little hovering $51k.

- does the car get harvested for viable parts which can be resold to foreign markets, or is the entire thing fed into the crusher?

Numerous car exporters offers better value than sending it to the crusher for scrapping.1.5k-3k for more sought after rides.

- can you harvest viable parts from the car yourself for resale and then turn over the carcass to the crushers?

"car-cass"- new word for the day.
i stripped my previous rides off all viable aftmrkt parts before sending to crusher via a tow truck .So yes, but, not many car owners do that.The engine and mainframe chasis cannot be yielded.These 10 yrs engines are then resold/exported at the scrap companies discretion.
considering Singapore being pea-sized....a 10yr mileage could've done only 130,000~170,000KM.The collective parts are either poached by car workshops or sold via car enthusiast forums.

To think of all the JDM parts the world is hungry for just getting scrapped is
Singapore- rated as the costliest city to live in.The modding scene is almost quiet due to tough rules with vehicle inspections on 3rd 5th 7th year of the 10yr lifespan.online purchases have also caused many car workshops to lose distributorships and shut down or slowed businesses, what more the China Fakes....hows is the scene on the other side of the world.It's so much hotter i bet..

TTM