View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 10:28 PM   #17
ERA

Drives: '10 Zephyr Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
So happy to see you update this thread! I love the LEDs! I wish the liftback license plate had 2 bulbs instead of 1. IMHO you may feel like 15s will end up being too small. Unfortunately Enkei 92s don't come in 16s.. Which is why I opted for 16x8 +15 Klutch SL1s. But, the 15s can still work with some meaty tires ;) Maybe that could be a direction you could go towards? I'm excited to see the coilovers and intake on!
I agree with going with 16s for something bigger. I've have looked into klutch sl1s like you've mentioned but what I was concerned with in going with the Sl1s was the low offsets..

I admit, lately I've been less interested in aggressive wheel and suspension setups and have, visually, tried to stick as close to a factory style as much as possible..so 15s that don't poke out so much is absolutely fine with me! but more rubber definitely

Recently, what I like to keep in mind when modifying a car are things like keeping true to the factory shapes and lines (no lips or body kits, etc.), trying not to fall too much into what's trending... (slammed, wide wheels, low offsets, overfenders) being careful not to make the car into what it wasn't originally designed for (not gutting the interior, carbon fiber hoods, big wings, getting rid of that cai setup!), something like..what you would be able to see to in a Toyota museum but isn't bone stock.. something with at least some styled expression. Small subtle changes that when looked at as a whole can feel like a big difference (JDM headlights, also planning on adding sidemarkers). Lastly, trying to mimic either the JDM/EURO variation of the model (stuff we never get always seems so much cooler..side mirrors with turn signals!) As for the wheels, I wanted to go for something that was factory looking (in the 80s at least!) that weren't hubcaps, nothing flashy, just simple style (I really do think mesh wheels are pretty timeless and can be pulled off by a lot of cars of any era, plus when I think of mesh wheels, I think of japan)

Sorry, this whole post was one big ramble, but I do really get into the stylings of cars and what little bits work together well and which ones don't (to me at least, for example you'll notice that I took off the old toyota logo sticker because I thought that the red clashed too much with the cool blue and silver of the paint, headlights, wheels). But when finished, what i'd like is for the casual fan of the yaris to appreciate it's natural "beauty" all the while catering to enthusiasts with small surprises like the jdm headlights and stuff like that.

Last edited by ERA; 07-31-2016 at 10:45 PM.
ERA is offline   Reply With Quote