View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #39
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Short update:

The ECU has went through it's full check and all of the readiness monitors are "ok" so it's safe to say there are no CEL's from the swap. I've driven around 700km on it and have been pushing it a little harder. It's been a ton of fun and even when only taking it to 3k rpm it wants to get up to speed quick.

It it a bit harder on mileage as expected. So far on winter gas and my first tank I'd say about 5-10% worse. That said, I've been driving harder and that tank had a lot of idling on it due to various things I was monitoring on the car.

I installed a Viofo A119 dashcam hardwired to my ignition and so far have been really impressed.

I'll be doing a dyno pull early this spring once my winters come off the car. The plan is to get some 2zr baseline numbers before I add a long tube header or anything else. The numbers will be higher than a complete stock swap as I have a 2.25" header back custom exhaust with one cat delete, as well as a cut out air box with no charcoal filter and ducting feeding to it. The intake won't do much to change numbers, but the exhaust definitely will have an effect.

At least it will give people some more info in regards to what numbers they can expect.

I'll be updating the first page on this thread with exact parts I needed for the swap and any tips or tricks that helped me.