View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #15
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
Multiple electrode designs are for old mechanical distributer/coil ignition aircraft for failsafe reasons. They will have LOWER performance than the OEM Ir plugs and may even damage the ignition system. They are crap. Basch platinum and multi electrode plugs are crap. Their Standard copper electrode plugs are excellent for older applications. Like Dads 396 Camaro or Moms 429 Ford LTD.

Yeah i totally agree with you. My shop has boxes of boxes of bosch platinum crap plugs. The car will run but till have problems later. Usually resulting in missfires. Only shops that want comebacks use bosch plugs. Only car that seems to like them is maybe volkswagon. For import cars NGK and Denso are the way to go. Ever car i have ever changed a burnt out coil on when i remove the plug is always something that the car wasnt designed to run on a non oem plug. Like when people try to stick a autolite in a honda when its meant to run in a ford. And then wonder why they ahve problems later. Stay away from all those split fire fancy spark plugs you see for sale or on display at your auto parts store they are just gimmiks to get backyard mechanics to fall for them.

Stick to what is known to be true and good oem parts. Electricity is lazy. Meaning it will take the path of least resistance. Dosnt matter how many prongs there are if one is slightly bent cause it was dropped or just that way from the factory the spark will ignore all other prongs and jump that gap. I mean i guess someone figured well if one gap is good 2 must be better then someone decided well if 2 is good lets double it then 4 prongs will beat that manufactures plug! Whats next 8 prongs?

If you are worried just change your spark plugs early like every 75k miles. That wil linsure a clean electrode tip and proper gap consistantly. The plugs are our cars are so increadibly easy to change.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote