View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 04:17 AM   #8
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
i find that the MT doesn't matter too much..... dont get me wrong it should always be done and when u are to get to it, remove the pan and clean it out, jsut wipe it down with clean papertowels, dont introduce any cleaning products (windex bad) and make sure to clean the magnets. transmission oil i find lasts a very very long time but as u go over and beyond the due date the life of the car goes down a bit.... maybe...yet to find out.

i was under the impression the factory tranny oil lasts about 120,000 km but after u change it once it must be done every 48,000 km..... lol, changed the transmission oil twice on 01 camry.... its at over 350,000 km and the first one was done at 192,xxx Km...it was a bit dirty, still kinda red..... kindaish, lol, looked like new engine oil. but if ure not gonan clean the magnets and get as much slime as possible, or dont bother.

also i have heard there is a tranny oil filter.... i have yet to see it/find it. its located inside the pan somewhere.... this might be for auto only, iunno....