View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #53
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
I use a detailer spray as my clay bar lube and I clay bar it once or twice a year after the winter and mid summer.

I hand wash (2 bucket method) the car first then clay bar it. I then polish it (no more than 1-2x per year) and then use a synthetic wax on it. A couple weeks later I'll use a hard shell paste wax as I find it is the most durable and then every time after that I use a liquid syn wax.

I also use rain x on the Windows which works wonders.

I do all of this more for function over form. I want my paint to last until the day this car hits the scrappers and I dd drive it in the gta. Anyone who drives any of the gta's highways can attest to how harsh they are on a cars paint. Soame with parking in a parking lot in the gta, people not longer have any awareness or care about other people's property. My car has some small dings and the front bumper needs sanding and new paint thanks to all the salt and rocks, but overall the paint is in good shape as is the clear coat.

My underbody is also doing well and has litke to no rust thanks to the krown oil spray every spring once the salt is off the road. I just rinse down the underbody of the car with a hose the evening before I get it sprayed to get rid of any salt.