View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #26
goosefraba

Drives: 2012 se
Problem update: I replaced the fuel sender and the gauge appears to be working fine. It did take some time for the instrument cluster to reach the tank level and stabilize right after the repair (20 miles or so). I did add a couple gallons for observation and the gauge needle followed accordingly. I drove around some, then filled up again. I will continue to monitor it, but it looks like it will be a winner.

Thanks CTS for the help. I was able to order the part with confidence that it would fix the issue. I used the 2007 repair manual Fuel section for reference and for how to bleed the fuel pressure down before removing the pressured fuel line. I used a 2 legged wheel puller with a crescent wrench to turn the large plastic ring. I did so by positioning the legs such that they were between the fins of the plastic ring, then torqued the whole thing by one of the puller's legs with the crecent wrench. I did not use the puller as a puller. For re-installation of the ring it helped to index the beginning of thread of the ring with the beginning of the thread of the tank. Also it helps if the tank is more towards empty since the fuel pump assy floats up and has to be pushed and held down in position while starting re-threading the plastic ring.

Last edited by goosefraba; 09-16-2014 at 06:54 AM.
goosefraba is offline   Reply With Quote