View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
toyofez

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
Power Lock Install Question

Hi everyone,

I just bought an '08 Yaris a couple of months ago. There is some great info here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

My Yaris is a base model with manual locks (I mean truly manual, no power, no central locking) and I decided to try and tackle installing actuators and a keyless entry system. There is some great info and DIY's on here for installing keyless entry systems on cars with existing power locks, but none that I could find on installing the power locks themselves.

I purchased the following kit:
http://www.slickcar.com/details/3270-keyless-entry.asp

I removed the door panel and here's what I'm looking at:

There isn't really an obvious place to mount the actuators. What I was thinking is to mount them above the blue triangular opening where it would be on the cable path. This however requires some serious bending/modifying of the mounting brackets and I would probably run into issues with the actuators hitting the brackets when they open/close.

Before I start hacking away at the door panel, I'm wondering if anyone else has tackled this type of mod before and if you have any suggestion on where to mount the actuators. Any hints or insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
toyofez is offline   Reply With Quote