View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj92 View Post
Hi there,
I'm planning to get mine fog lights for christmas (quite mild weather here, about +5°C, not really usual) :D

Talking about the Micro Image kit, some questions are left:

1) Do I get it right that if I put in a light stalk with a fog light switch (and plug the relay, and of course install the wiring and the lights in the engine bay ), I can turn on the lights from there?
I just don't like to use the cable clips which cut through the insulation ;)
Am I right they are just needed to switch it using the small switch included in the package?

2) Are the fog lights a special american version?
In Germany, they don't need to be tinted, but all lights have to have a signing similar to at least on of the three shown on page 4 of http://www.jokin.de/news/35/rueckleuchten.pdf
Otherwise, I could get trouble if the cops check my car or when I got to the mandatory technical inspection (once in two years).

If these two points work out, I'd consider ordering them :)
Correct on the wiring piece. You could also solder and shrink tube the included switch connections. The splice taps included with the kit make it so that those not comfortable with soldering can easily install the kit. The splice taps are used on the low current, coil side of the fog light circuit.

The markings on the glass of the light housings are "DOT" and "SAE".

The real Toyota fog lights have the "E2" in a circle marking on them.