Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
gabriel2012

Drives: 2011 Base Sedan
have you tried DropBox?

First to start I don't work with dropbox or have anything to do with them, I'm just here to see if anyone has tried their service. I started using it a while back and it has been a lifesaver since I backup most of my school documents and grab them at the school computer instead of carrying around a usb flash drive.

Unlike most online storage sites, this one gives the user 2GB Of free storage and by inviting friends one can get up to 8gb of extra space, a total of 10gigs free

If you haven't signed up or would like to test for yourself here is a link to the site http://db.tt/LqkIjlj

have you used dropbox before(or any other online storage)? how would you use it?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
While I don't think it's a bad thing, I wouldn't trust important stuff with it. At some point you're going to need something from it and it's going to be down. You'll wish you had your flash drive then.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #3
gabriel2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
While I don't think it's a bad thing, I wouldn't trust important stuff with it. At some point you're going to need something from it and it's going to be down. You'll wish you had your flash drive then.
That is true but still, the desktop app is amazing, you can set it to automatically backup a folder, I always save essays and home work to that folder so every time I make a change to a document on the folder it is saved automatically on my dropbox.

Still I don't recommend saving stuff with personal information (Names, bdays, SSNS,address or anything online)

But yeah someday I will need my flash drive back when things don't go right
Old 01-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
gabriel2012

I also forgot, they have an app for iphone android and blackberry to access your files almost anywhere. I have it on my bold and I constantly upload pics so I can get them on all of my pics linked with the dropbox app.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
We use Dropbox for work and it's invaluable. I often work from home and can make a change to one file, that our staff at the office can then use just a few seconds later without having to worry about to email or copy and paste. It also rocks for posting pictures on a forum or otherwise, with the 'public' folder, you can simply right click and copy the URL to the file to your clipboard, to be pasted wherever you wish, without having to navigate slow online photo albums or manually upload changes to a file, etc...

So yeah, it just works extremely conveniently, although yes, certainly the space they give you is a bit tight, and their paid options (50GB for $10 a month) are a bit steep, but it just works.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote