Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Led_Yaris

Drives: Blue, new, and friggen awesome
Over protective

I just bought a new 2007 3 door liftback blue yaris w/ cd/stereo package and thats it, so very basic for now. Any ways im 20 and this is my first new car and im buying covers and high end waxes and cleaners for it and just for a fun little thread i was wonder what everyone here does to protect there little joy?

My main thing is no food or drinks in it unless you want me too then make u get out of my car
Led_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #2
caveatipse
Banned

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris
Heck, I clean and wax mine all the time, drive it slowly and carefully. When I turn it on in the morning, I sit there for a minute or two so oil can get to the engine before I drive it. I turn on the A/C controls one number at a time to avoid jarring the motor.
caveatipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
I keep the wife out of my car !!!!
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #4
Led_Yaris

Drives: Blue, new, and friggen awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by black2yaris View Post
I keep the wife out of my car !!!!
lol
Led_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #5
drecian

Drives: '07 YR 3dr
Yeah, I'm pretty anal about all my cars... Ground rules:
- No food, drinks only from a bottle.
- No smoking WHATSOEVER, if you just finished a cigarette, you ARE sucking on a mint (keep them in the car)
- Scuff mud off shoes before entry.
- MY radio, but passengers can control EITHER music choice OR volume. That way, everyone has a choice, but also vito power.
- DO NOT touch the inside glass!!
- No feet on dash... EVER... if the airbags go, you'll have knee-sized eye-sockets

Then there's what I do...
- Squeegee windscreen before every drive (keep one + bucket next to carport)
- Never park under trees to avoid bird-bombs
- Check tire pressures at least twice a week
- Check lugnuts at leace twice a week

Ohh yeah, and I look back at my car when I'm walking away from it
;)

drecian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #6
derrick452

Drives: Yaris
I just got my Yaris (pics to come soon) and I already had two burgers and a chocolate shake in it. I dont care about food in the car, its easy to clean.

MY biggest pet peeve though is people touching the inside of the glass...other than that, im good!
derrick452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Hmmm, I've owned my car for just over a year now, vacuumed it once, and washed it ( at the car wash ) maybe 3 times...

who cares its, an econobox, not some sports car...
Old 09-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #8
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Quote:
Originally Posted by drecian View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty anal about all my cars... Ground rules:
- No food, drinks only from a bottle.
- No smoking WHATSOEVER, if you just finished a cigarette, you ARE sucking on a mint (keep them in the car)
- Scuff mud off shoes before entry.
- MY radio, but passengers can control EITHER music choice OR volume. That way, everyone has a choice, but also vito power.
- DO NOT touch the inside glass!!
- No feet on dash... EVER... if the airbags go, you'll have knee-sized eye-sockets

Then there's what I do...
- Squeegee windscreen before every drive (keep one + bucket next to carport)
- Never park under trees to avoid bird-bombs
- Check tire pressures at least twice a week
- Check lugnuts at leace twice a week

Ohh yeah, and I look back at my car when I'm walking away from it
;)
Respect, I do the same.
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I remember that shortly after I bought my last car, I took it to the car wash each time I filled up. It was not a very economical car and I had only that car then, so I filled up quite often. One day, the gas station attendant said to me "You wash it so often! You may wash you paint away!"
Nowadays, I don't wash my cars as frequently as before, especially during winter, but I still check the tire pressure very often.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #10
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
I don't mind the food or drinks in the car...no fast food though..stuff like chocolate bars, and "less messy" things are ok.

NO SMOKING in the car...end of discussion!

I wash the car once a week or so..but I don't go all out, because I know that it's just going to get dirty the second I pull out of the car wash!

No feet on the dash!

Don't give the finger to other drivers...even though I have tinted windows in the front..it's only 50%...and drivers can still see in....If somebody needs to give the finger, please sit in the back...fingers can be given then!
landrym28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #11
SmallCarGuy
Desperauto's Son...

Drives: '75 Mini, '08 xB2
Wow.... now that's some crazy passion for the cars... I just keep mine spotless... no papers, notes, receipts, cd's, dirt, leaves, anything on the floor or seats... if it comes in, it goes out...

If I made the rules, Smoking would be banned in ANY car.... the cars don't deserve it... they're innocent victims!

I'm an engine freak though.... check check recheck, refill, everything topped off... a

The engine bay of my cars are my obsession and where I get crazy... it's got to be dust free, clean, and all the hoses nice and shiny!

My Two Creations so far in overprotectiveness and obsession...

The Mini Engine

The tC Engine
Old 09-03-2007, 01:52 AM   #12
cdmyaris

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallCarGuy View Post
Wow.... now that's some crazy passion for the cars... I just keep mine spotless... no papers, notes, receipts, cd's, dirt, leaves, anything on the floor or seats... if it comes in, it goes out...

If I made the rules, Smoking would be banned in ANY car.... the cars don't deserve it... they're innocent victims!

I'm an engine freak though.... check check recheck, refill, everything topped off... a

The engine bay of my cars are my obsession and where I get crazy... it's got to be dust free, clean, and all the hoses nice and shiny!

My Two Creations so far in overprotectiveness and obsession...

The Mini Engine

The tC Engine
damn, tell me how you keep engine bay clean!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
Trish

Drives: Yaris Sedan 07
Send a message via MSN to Trish
lol I'm cleaning my car (interior/exterior) as many time as possible. I can't stand to see it dirty....I have a friend who's working in esthetic, so i bring it to him as many time as I can in the summer and even during winter. When you love your car, it's normal (I think) to want it to be cleaner as possible.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:41 PM   #14
flagmunkey

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to flagmunkey
yall are crazy.

i used to smoke in mine. (i had to.. i was driving for 3 days straight from NC to AZ..) but i quit recently

i eat fast food in it.
i drink coffee in it
i install solar panels so i can get muddy from time to time so i dont have much of an option

but i do clean it like once a week (interior), i get bugged otu when trash and dirt starts piling up. i dont wash the exterior really that much maybe once a month. i live in AZ. we dont have a lot of water so i think its wasteful to wash a car. is just a car. it gets you places. and returns you home. i check the oil, tire pressure, put lucas in my tank, and listen to the engine from time to time to see how its sounding.
flagmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #15
Pavel Olavich
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I don't allow my two teenaged daughters to drive my Yaris...that's why I bought them their own...funny, how my tires, my paint, my interior/exterior are in much better shape then theirs, even though I have many more miles on my car...they just don't take care of their cars as well as they should. Both their Yaris have alignment issues, bad tire wear, sticky stuff on the steering wheel (hand cream?)....just a mess :-( When they park their car in parking lots they are not discriminating about where to park; they'll squeeze their cars inbetween to large cars that are not centered in their own places, so they barely have room to open their doors to exit/enter....nicks everywhere :-(
Pavel Olavich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:40 AM   #16
alhope34
Spool'd

Drives: 07 yaris, 16 gen coupe rspec
I basically don't do anything to prevent the interior from getting dirty, I just don't like having a bunch of stuff always in the trunk flying from side to side whenever I turn corners. I love driving on dirt roads, especially when they are wet, like when I go fishing. I love getting the car all muddy then spending a while cleaning it all up afterwards. All of this, over 50,000kms, and all of my friends/family ask how I keep the car so clean.
alhope34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:18 AM   #17
myt

Drives: Blazing Blue 07 YAris
I wash my baby every week, it bugs me if I can't...LOL. Everything else is normal, I eat and drink in it. My BIGGEST pet peeve is touching the exterior plastic right on the driver and passenger side doors(near the glass) I hate those fingerprints!!!

BMM
myt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #18
Sweet Mercury

Drives: 2007 Silver LB Auto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmyaris View Post
damn, tell me how you keep engine bay clean!!!
Exactly what I wanted to know.

Also, is that necessary for performance, good maintenance? Or just because?
Sweet Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote