Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
nexus pass/US customs

for those that don't know, a nexus pass is one of several things that canadians can use to cross the border into the US since june (or whatever the date was) of this year

we finally did all the run around for it and got our passes this week in the mail

my pic looks like i had a stroke, annies looks good and zoe is super cute (though, to me, its amuzing they'd take a pic of a 5.5 month old baby)

the run-around to get these things was a pain in the arse, but the straw that broke my back was the interview we had to have at canada and US customs

we had to go to the airport in toronto to have the interviews....parking was annoying and cost like 12$ for the 1h and 5min we were there

a question to the americans: do you have to be a douche bag to work for US customs?! my god, ive never encountered someone so stubborn, ignorant and rude before....and ive met pmag in real life! lol

but seriously, the US customs guys were fvcking cvnts....

to do it again, id just get a passport.....though i suppose the nexus passes will help at the land borders when visiting annies sister in michigan, one less douche bag we've got to talk to to get into the states...
Old 08-28-2009, 03:43 AM   #2
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Hahah I saw nexus and i had to respond, but to answer you're question *hold on the new GH 5 commercial is playing drooool*

yes all American customs people are assholes.... complete utter assholes and ill tell you my story

I went to Mexico on vacation for a week, went into Mexican customs, said i was going on vacation to a certain resort, they were being ecstatically nice because its work, but they were like just chilling.

Came home OMFG, had to go through customs and checkpoints up the ass all the way back to Boston. I got like the 3rd degree and ask where i could get my bag and they got so pissed. I'm like... I'm 22 years old I went to Mexico and i brought home 2 bottles of tequila, what the hell else would it matter, everything is going to get XRayed 3x over again why are you hassling. and they just waved me on.

Each of the 3 people i went through i said hey, hows it going and they were silent and looked at me like i had 15 heads. excuse me for being polite im just trying to brighten up your day a bit asshole!
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #3
thebarber
daily driver

see, i grew up in niagara falls, ontario and used to go to the states several times a month (my parents went several times a week for gas and groceries)

they were always more blunt than the canadians, but since 911 its like they fired all the nice people and hired all the jerks they could find.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
I haven't been back to the US since 9/11, and I, too, used to go at least once a week. Not my loss, I now spend my money here; it's tough on the small businesses across the border, too bad. I could not conceive of as much paranoia as is shown by US authorities at all levels now. Some friends still put up with the hassle to save a bit of money, and still get witless, arrogant questions. I mean, why would a 70-year-old qualify as a source of suspicion? Good grief...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

must be my osama beard
Old 08-29-2009, 01:40 AM   #6
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
screw it, just get a passport. I mean, is there any reason NOT to get a passport?

In Quebec, we can pay 10$ more for our driver's license to have passport information on it so that it fulfills the requirements to cross the border. Pretty useless i say.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #7
thebarber
daily driver

skip the lines at border crossing and use the nexus lane....that was our thought
Old 08-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
About time.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I live about 20 mins from the Windsor crossing and I used to go all the time there. The Canadians are super nice at letting people in and just ask what your up to. I just tell them I'm going shopping and for dinner, no problems ever. I do have to add in that alot of the Canadian border agents are HOT WOMEN. Seriously, model type of hot.

The American agents though on the other hand are worthless turds. The crossing to get into Canada is always free of traffic, hardly ever a wait. But getting back into the states, shit is always backed up and sometimes it'll take you up to an hour or more to make it up to the booth. They most always hassle people and give off a "hard ass" type of attitude, although the majority of the American customs workers are overweight and highly doubtable at being able to go a round with even an average joe off the street.

One time me and my friend went to toronto to a breakdancing competition over in/near Chinatown. Well we didn't feel like staying the night so we drove back home. The customs agent starts giving us a hard time saying there's no way we drove there for the day and are coming back, that it's comparable to if he drove from Detroit up to the Mack bridge to the U.P. He shut up real quick when we pulled out a flyer for the event and near literally threw it at him in his booth. He said thanks and sent us on our way.

My favorite is just after 9/11, me and my buddy went to Windsor and they made us pull into inspections. Well they had a small mobile home type of building set up in the parking lot marked "immigration". They made us go into there and declare our business. Since we didn't have "adequate identification", which all you needed at the time was a photo I.D/license, it was pure hassle on their part. The lady behind the desk was telling us she was denying us entry. I said fine we'll leave then but my friend pretty much told her to shove it, we didn't come all this way for some dumb bullshit, etc. So then she was quiet then says she'll give us the pass to come into Canada but next time we need more. I just thought it was humorous that she was being a real d.bag to us and then my friend reams her out for it, then she gives us entry lol.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 AM   #10
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
for those that don't know, a nexus pass is one of several things that canadians can use to cross the border into the US since june (or whatever the date was) of this year

we finally did all the run around for it and got our passes this week in the mail

my pic looks like i had a stroke, annies looks good and zoe is super cute (though, to me, its amuzing they'd take a pic of a 5.5 month old baby)

the run-around to get these things was a pain in the arse, but the straw that broke my back was the interview we had to have at canada and US customs

we had to go to the airport in toronto to have the interviews....parking was annoying and cost like 12$ for the 1h and 5min we were there

a question to the americans: do you have to be a douche bag to work for US customs?! my god, ive never encountered someone so stubborn, ignorant and rude before....and ive met pmag in real life! lol

but seriously, the US customs guys were fvcking cvnts....

to do it again, id just get a passport.....though i suppose the nexus passes will help at the land borders when visiting annies sister in michigan, one less douche bag we've got to talk to to get into the states...
I couldn't believe how slow the customs people were on the BC/US boarder were.... going back into the US... Was 2 years ago... visiting Nelson during the winter.... Sat in the car for like 30 mins... the checkpoint was empty... seriously... Customs is ghey. It was easier to get into Japan & Ireland than it was to get into the US... and I AM A US CITIZEN!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 AM   #11
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
great now you're on their radar! and the quebec license can be read from 20meters away (the enhanced one). Next step a chip up your but so they can really track you anywhere.
Yeah because "the man" has nothing better to do then keep track of what you do.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #12
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall View Post
Yeah because "the man" has nothing better to do then keep track of what you do.
lol
Old 08-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #13
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
if you think US customs is bad, try a 3rd world country.. like Zambia..
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Much less difficulty getting into Britain, or Holland, or Belgium, or.....
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote