Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Dual lens car dash video camera

Dual lens car dash video camera. Im looking for a cheap and good one, cause
last week around 11pm I got in to accident I was turning left w/ green arrow and the women comming from the right beating the redlight and hit my yaris in the back passenger side around my wheel. She addmited fault at the sence and I called the police but never came so we traded auto insurance information, I tought everything is going to be smooth with the insurance so the next morning I called her insurance and told the truth, the adjuster told me that the women said her light was also green so like WTF!!!! Problem is there's no witness or camera, there was alot of cars around but no one stop to help us, so now we are waiting for investagation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (101.6 KB, 155 views)

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
That's a bummer!

I was recently stumbled upon this site where this guy does reviews of various inexpensive in-car cameras. Might have some good information on it for you.

Techmoan

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
DVRs are so cheap now that im surprised not more people have them. Iv had the FlipHD, Kodak Zi8 mounted on the passenger headrest to catch my speedo. Then went to gopros. For the most part you just want something that is wide enough to record intersections (stop light, stop signs). Seeing all one needs to prove in your situation was that your light was green, any camera would suffice.

However, rear facing is a tougher search. Im thinking of doing full 360 surveillance because some citizen decided to leave his parking spot with a hit and run on the street.

You need something that is good in low light, HD or FHD quality, wide angle lens.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Red Horse

I watch some video on youtube and having a dash cams help alot to foiled those insurance scammers funny too.

Last edited by Red Horse; 06-20-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #5
my2sense

Drives: 2007 Red 5dr RS
Although not the cheapest nor dual cam but I recommend the Blackvue DR400g-HD if you can afford it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-BlackVue...item256ee64bcc

Great day/night videos and it's shape is small enough that I just leave it permanently mounted in front of the rear view mirror and always connected. Its parking mode records with motion and shock sensors.

You pretty much set it and forget it just like Ronco. The ebay price seems to drop about $0.50 every day.
my2sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Red Horse

My2sense your my hero! Its been weeks finding for the most compact,hidden and this new blackvue is the one I've been searching for I'ts a must to buy this one.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
DVRs are so cheap now that im surprised not more people have them. Iv had the FlipHD, Kodak Zi8 mounted on the passenger headrest to catch my speedo. Then went to gopros. For the most part you just want something that is wide enough to record intersections (stop light, stop signs). Seeing all one needs to prove in your situation was that your light was green, any camera would suffice.

However, rear facing is a tougher search. Im thinking of doing full 360 surveillance because some citizen decided to leave his parking spot with a hit and run on the street.

You need something that is good in low light, HD or FHD quality, wide angle lens.
Was the 'parking spot on the street hit and run' you fell victim to IN the city?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #8
m3177o

Drives: White Egg
diggin the "get well soon" flowers around your injury. :)
m3177o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:42 AM   #9
ohgos

Drives: YRX 4
Personally I do think dual-lens dashcam is more suitable for taxis.

Recently bought one for my Yaris.
http://www.szswill.com/car-camera.html

Pretty impressed with it. Only two complaints, minor ones. to get it down the center line of the car, behind the mirror, I had to mount it upside down. Whilst the software that comes with it can flip the video, all info (ie speed, gps, time) that is stamped onto the video ends up upside down. Also, the adjustments for the sensitivy of the "crash sensors" is a little off, turned all the way down, certain bumps in the road still triggers it.

Overall though the video quality is pretty good, I mainly bought it for recording 4wding trips. Boring random video here. (still uploading, will attach when done...)
ohgos is offline   Reply With Quote