Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
dono37

Drives: Mazda Miata
Is this a good price?

I am looking at a 2008 black liftback S, it includes rear spoiler, fog lamps, all weather package and of course S package.They are giving me 800 for a trade in on my 94 miata, I figured ,id get around 1500 for it, oh well.Anyways icluding taxes and title 14600 out the door, the salesman says he would not negotiate but I didnt even try yet.Is this a good deal or should I try talking him down abit, thanks for the help.

P.S. Anyone know what kind of proffit the dealership makes off a car like this, would be nice to know If I tried to negotiate a deal.
dono37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
They don't make much// & the demand for that Yaris like that is high .. soo no way he's gonna deal on that car .....sell the Miata yourself that's way tooo low of a price for a trade-in .. detail the thing & sell it at your price or more ...then put the sale money back on the loan OR save that for mods like springs,sway bars , tinting , lowering the rig ... 800$ will not make that much difference in the monthly payment ... be smart don't give the old car away ..
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
YarisGirl82
His Name is "Chub" =o)

Drives: '08 Yaris 3 Dr LB Meteorite
Send a message via Yahoo to YarisGirl82
Of the 5 Dealerships I've talked to the markup is only about 700$ +/- so there isn't alot for them to play with. I'm leasing an '08 3 Dr LB, and I'm paying $13,750 as a total price, so I would say, for the S package and other opts, that's a pretty good price, you could go to Toyota.Com, and build it, to see what you come up with, otherwise, I agree, sell the Miata Private Party, otherwise, you'll wish you had, and you could use it towards the car, or mods, whichever you'd rather. Happy Yaris Driving!
YarisGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
BlazingBlue08HatchBack

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Lift Back
talk them down. i just had a dealer in pennsylvania special order one for me direct from japan and i got it at $136 over invoice. there is about $1000 profit in this vehicle aside from dealer holdback. so make them chop off a few hundred. just because they have to order it for you doesn't mean you can't get a deal. go somewhere else if you have to.
BlazingBlue08HatchBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
DONT SELL ur car...

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #6
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
800?! too bad ure not in aus! easily like 7000 here :|
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #7
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
YOU SHOULD BE KILLED IF YOU SELL THAT CAR FOR $800!!! don't you read GRASSROOTS MOTORSPORTS.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:39 PM   #8
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...p?key=MAZD94AV

thats the price you would get in australia. why are you only offered 800?!
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
PolarWhite

Drives: '07 Polar White Hatchback
Don't let these salesmen tell you they don't negotiate. I called a dealer here in my home town. That moron tried to tell me that he didn't know how much he could come off for cash if any. I called the husband of one of my wife's cousins near Dallas, TX. Once he found the car I had found on their site and had it transferred to his dealership, I got it for $1000 off of what the sticker was on the window which they put in my glove box. I found it after I took the car home. It is ignorant for them to say there is no mark up in these cars. If there were no mark up, why would Toyota build them. I know they are wanting to capture future Toyota sales, but you don't sale a car as a lost leader. Toyota isn't #1 by doing that.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I have to agree with some of the other posts here, if your going to get rid of the miata, sell it yourself. You should be able to get at least double. I had a low mileage, strong running chevy astro van. The dealer only offered me $500 for the trade (the wheels were worth more than that alone). I knew I should have received around $1100. I made some large signs with a printout of the carfax report of the van, and sold it within a couple of days just by parking it at work. The guy who bought it didn't even open the door. He liked how I had pretty much explained everything on the sign and the carfax report had him sold. He offered me $1,000 cash on the spot for it and even agreed to wait a couple of days as I wasn't finished replacing a couple of busted door handles (notorious on those vans). So yeah, get a carfax report for your miata and sell it yourself. You can either use the money for making payments or for mods.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote