Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
mari

Drives: 2010 sedan
new sedan in socal, cant wait make it mine

Hi!!! Great forum!!! I just got my yaris over labor day sale. Had a terrible experience at west covina toyota with all the usual car dealer tricks (4 squares anyone? ) and I left in a hurry. Went to Longo and they treated me right and got me in a new car fast.

Since this is my first post here in the yaris purchase forum, Id thought Id give you the numbers.

San Diego dealers, (2) on a new sedan, 0%, 5spd, basic convenience package, college rebate: $15,205 OTD

(changed my mind on the stick shift because Im not that good with it now and there are others who dont drive stick that will use the car, and to get the better financing plus cheaper insurance, I couldnt put under my name, so no college rebate for me, so factor about $1800 more, which Im ok with)

West covina, SHADY!!!! TERRIBLE!!! DO NOT GO!!!! sedan, auto, no college rebate, $18900 OTD, with $4000 down even on 0%! Grrr...

Longo, EXCELLENT! sedan, auto, no college rebate, car alarm $17500 OTD, $2300 more than the best price I found in san diego, but with the auto, no college discount, and car alarm and 1% higher sales tax (if I bought with an san diego address instead of the la one), I think its a fair price.

Anyways, thanks for the great forum and Im looking to make my car all mine when I get a little more cash.
mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
Grats on the new car!! But I just wanted to ask, you said there is a 1% tax difference between LA and San Diego? Isn't sales tax state wide and not by county? Or am I reading your post wrong?
Freedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Sales tax is by county.

Welcome to the forums
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 AM   #4
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
Wow, guess I learned something new today.
Freedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
congrats and hope to see you at one of our future meets
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari View Post
Hi!!! Great forum!!! I just got my yaris over labor day sale. Had a terrible experience at west covina toyota with all the usual car dealer tricks (4 squares anyone? ) and I left in a hurry. Went to Longo and they treated me right and got me in a new car fast.

Since this is my first post here in the yaris purchase forum, Id thought Id give you the numbers.

San Diego dealers, (2) on a new sedan, 0%, 5spd, basic convenience package, college rebate: $15,205 OTD

(changed my mind on the stick shift because Im not that good with it now and there are others who dont drive stick that will use the car, and to get the better financing plus cheaper insurance, I couldnt put under my name, so no college rebate for me, so factor about $1800 more, which Im ok with)

West covina, SHADY!!!! TERRIBLE!!! DO NOT GO!!!! sedan, auto, no college rebate, $18900 OTD, with $4000 down even on 0%! Grrr...

Longo, EXCELLENT! sedan, auto, no college rebate, car alarm $17500 OTD, $2300 more than the best price I found in san diego, but with the auto, no college discount, and car alarm and 1% higher sales tax (if I bought with an san diego address instead of the la one), I think its a fair price.

Anyways, thanks for the great forum and Im looking to make my car all mine when I get a little more cash.
Congrats on the new car!

I just did want to mention though that while there are a ton of shady and horrible salepeople, the 4 square thing you mentioned is pretty standard and if you make a salesperson do the entire thing, it can help you as a buyer as well. But 19k for a Yaris is completely absurd.