Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-07-2007, 02:19 AM   #1
Devine

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 2D Hatch
Send a message via MSN to Devine
So Adorable!

Ok, so I went down to the Toyota dealership near my house last weekend just to look around at some 07's and pricing. I formerly drove a crapcar known so well as a Dodge-what-the-hell-were-they-thinking-Neon LX. I hated having four doors! Anyways, on with my rant..I saw THE MOST ADORABLE LITTLE CAR sitting on display nex to the scions that I was looking at. Holy hell it's called a Yaris, and now I have to get one. So I told the salesman everything I wanted...manual trans, liftback, power package, abs..etc..and they had one in stock...Blazing Blue...how perfect. So, I bought this cute little thing and immediately took it home. I am so stuck now! When I bought my dodge *cough* crap, all I had to do was a quick google search for aftermarket stuff, and I was well on my way to having taillights, spoiler, and interior mod things shipped to me. I do the same for the YAIRS now...and I am completely at a loss. I NEED to find a way to change out some of the things in this car! I want to dump some money into this new toy..but I don't know what the heck to do with limited options! I NEED a bra for it. Somehow I wound up with a chip from an evil high speed rock on the freeway! I went down to the dealership parts department and ordered touch up paint as well as attempted to order a bra. They don't make them? I also tried to order a mini baby spoiler for the hatch....and nothing again! Seriously, these are minor little things I would love to hand cash over to Toyota for, but they seem to be unable to help me with these items. I don't want a crap no name bra that will not fit right and end up flapping in the wind and permanently scarring the car with lovely unbuffable marks from hell. Toyota guarantees the paint not to fade for 5 years or so....so if I take the bra off in 5 years and its faded and visible, they will repaint it for me, so I see this as a cost-friendly way to ensure minimal evil rock damage. The spoiler? meh that's just to add to the cute-aspect every girl needs on her car! Where to go! Help me out if you can, as I will assume only a rare handful will read thru this novel of a post until the end. Sorry so long, but I am so excited about this new addition to my driveway!
I tried to browse the forum for BRA information and a lot was mentioned about a 3m clear bra...that's definatly not what I am looking for.
Thanks in advance.

<<D>>
Devine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:11 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
i personally wouldn't get a bra for my car. i would spring up a little more money to get 3M's clear hood tape; better looking and you can have it on during the winter season.

as for parts, the LB has more options out than the sedan.

here's a couple of spoilers for the LB. although, i know nothing about about the sellers reputations.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYOT...QQcmdZViewItem

you can also ask Thomas, etimago here, to order you a spoiler or two from Thailand.

other parts are available. a lot of suspension parts, and a few aero parts. the LB has some aftermarket and JDM taillights available too.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
Try clear bra. They are good till you stop waxing it bi-weekly.

Best one in the nation, Premier Automotive Film Protection.

Just an suggestion only.
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Heh.

"Adorable".

Any time you see that in a post title, you know it's coming from a chick.

~YR
Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Devine, it's true that bras can scratch the paint because even one that fits well moves around just a little bit. Another problem is mildew if you don't remove and clean underneath often. It can wreck your paint job over time plus is pretty gross!

But then, I only have one little chip in 3 months so far. Not too worried about it--don't mind a car having a few honorable scars from valiant service!

Besides there's plenty of other toys to personalize your car! So what color did you get?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
...... I believe she said "Blazing Blue"
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #7
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
don't wear a bra
Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #8
Devine

Oh...you can't notice it....

I understand the concept of clear and all...but no matter how clear something claims to be, you are usually always able to see a difference.

Now question for you echo_hrs...how long have you had that clear protection installed when you took that pic? Does the sun discolor the clear protector in anyway since you have installed it. How horrible/hard is it to remove it? Can Toyota install it for you or do you have to do it....cuz I can barely put a sticker on a window without a freakin bubble-fest.

Thanks for the info and pic.

<<D>>
Old 06-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #9
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
3M is the best. It costs quite a bit to get it installed. I don't think it will yellow, or fade or crack or anything else. And it allows your paint to fade with the rest of your car.

BTW - Divine - How was it working with John Waters?
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #10
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
3M is the best. It costs quite a bit to get it installed. I don't think it will yellow, or fade or crack or anything else. And it allows your paint to fade with the rest of your car.

BTW - Divine - How was it working with John Waters?
haha, shes devine not divine
Old 06-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #11
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Can anyone tell me if this 3M stuff is any different than the very durable urethane clear coats you can get from any bodyshop supply. It seems the Yaris clearcoat is just overly soft and scratchable...probably due to eco friendly water base paints now in use...and if reclearcoated would be fine. Any opinions?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #12
Devine

I have an appointment with Toyota tomorrow first thing in the morning to tint my new toy, get armrest installed for a lazy occassional passenger who likes to bitch about the lack of one, and the rear bumper guard. Was wondering if I am crazy or if I should have them try to order me a brand new instrument panel. Seems this manual trans did not come stock with a tachometer and I can definatly shift just fine without it, but the roommate who borrows it can't. Seems the two places I have gone to see about getting a custom aftermarket one installed on it have refused to do the job because it would require a "pillar pd" side mount on the side panel of the front windshield area and with side curtain air bags, they are refusing to do this modification due to safety concerns. Silly as hell. Any ideas?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:45 PM   #13
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devine View Post
I have an appointment with Toyota tomorrow first thing in the morning to tint my new toy, get armrest installed for a lazy occassional passenger who likes to bitch about the lack of one, and the rear bumper guard. Was wondering if I am crazy or if I should have them try to order me a brand new instrument panel. Seems this manual trans did not come stock with a tachometer and I can definatly shift just fine without it, but the roommate who borrows it can't. Seems the two places I have gone to see about getting a custom aftermarket one installed on it have refused to do the job because it would require a "pillar pd" side mount on the side panel of the front windshield area and with side curtain air bags, they are refusing to do this modification due to safety concerns. Silly as hell. Any ideas?
This lady's a riot.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
Devine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
This lady's a riot.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #15
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Oh Devine, he's not making fun of you, just enjoying your enthusiasm! The Yaris does this to people, they flip out and start modding! Me too, even though I bought Yaris so I could spend money on the REAL project car... so much for Plan A
Old 06-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
Lickitung

Drives: 2007 Toyta Yaris
Yay! Someone else from Az. I also have a blazing blue liftback, however mine is automatic. I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I have no idea how to drive a manual even though my girlfriend has tried many times to teach me on her manual echo! I haven't done too much to mine yet other than change the antenna to a stubby and tint the windows. I will warn you about the arm rest if you are small like me. I'm pretty little (5'1") and my elbow doesn't reach the armrest at all. I find it useless, I've thought about taking it out and selling it but my girlfriend likes it when she sits in the passanger seat and on the rare occassion I let her drive she like the arm rest since she is much taller than I am.
Lickitung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #17
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
Hey Devine, If you decide to order a new gauge cluster w/ tach, let me know how much it was, please!
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #18
Devine

Well, dropped off the little toy at Toyota at 8am this morning (think I drove there half asleep) to get the tint and small things done. I inquired about a few things there, but seems Toyota doesn't help much with mods...except of course if I want that super duper huge difference maker mud guard for the rear tires....oh wow! Pretty much everything else I ordered from them is their whole parts department selection for this year and model Yaris. I inquired about a new instrument cluster panel with a tach option and they said they only had that as a part/option for the sedan and I can order it for 2300 USD and hope it works, or try to find a small aftermarket tach to mounth somewhere else. I browsed quite a bit of this little community and found a nice idea you all had with pictures of mounting the guages in the driver compartment, but with the angles and drilling and all, I am afraid I might get carried away. Only way I would mess with drilling and doing that would be to order a backup lid just in case it turned out to be a not-so-martha-stewart-do-it-yourself-perfection as seen in all your pictures here. Plus, I researched a couple of guage and tach options and the one I like is $289 + shipping for the small tach only...but its black and blue and has a nifty small shft light with memory...Not a bad option, but I have never done wiring to a car so not sure how the hell I am going to manage to get it done myself.....unless of course there is a "Toyota Yaris tachometers for dummies" book out there that I can get >.<

Well, enough for now..Toyota just called and said the tint was done but the other installations would take another 2 hours. I'll post before and after pics of the nifty tint job and the little accessories.

<<D>>