Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
vasilios

Drives: .
Need Help Finding the Model I Want

Last edited by vasilios; 01-10-2021 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Right to be forgotten
vasilios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #2
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
Yup, that's my car (plus the armrest); everything except the color -- mine is metorite metallic (I originally wanted the black, but it's rare in these parts, and I saw an automatic in black and it looked so dirty compared to the metallic under the same conditions).

I think it's odd that one's location determines which options are available. Someone else was saying that in Chicago, you couldn't get a manual with the power package. I think I lucked out, though. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. Keep searching, even if you have to drive out of state to get it (although the dealer should be willing to have the car delivered if they want your business).

I needed the features I have in order to make a liftback workable for my 3-member family and safe -- long trips need the 60/40 split/fold-flat seats to add to the luggage capacity, and the curtain airbags just to make this incredibly small car more safe.

Good luck.
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #3
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
i went to my dealer "on the lynnway in lynn" (atlantic toyota) at first i said i want the power package then they said NE doesnt have it. Then i went to IRA toyota in danvers and they said they dotn have it in stock but they can def get one.....i ended up getting getting just the all weather package...
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
bearda

Drives: 2006 Mazda3 Sedan
I found this one from our dealer, but they don't list the transmission type. Judging from the price it sounds like it's an automatic, but it might be worth a try:
http://355toyota.darcars.com/new_veh...f66bc0cd5f4bde

From what I can tell options vs. area it a pretty normal tradeoff. The more built up an area is the less likely they are to carry a manual transmission on a non-base model (most people will go for the auto if they can afford it if they're going to be stuck in heavy traffic a lot).
bearda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
gaffo

Drives: integra
thats close to what I had to "order" from Japan!

basically, even though Toyota makes 270,000 hatchbacks a year with ABS/Sideairbags/power package/5sp-MANUAL/etc in Europe ALONE - not one of them ends up in the States!! NOT ONE!

It amazes me that the Yaris is even selling in the State despite Toyotas best attempts at killing it. In my book they get a BIG FAT F in regard to marketing the Yaris in the United States.

Want a loaded manual? - fine if you live in Japan/Tailand/Saudi Arabia/Europe/Australia/Canada - oh what? you live in the United States?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!..................just buy that automatic sedan and quite your crying!!

Aveo - side air bags/ abs STANDARD ON ALL AVEOS!......I commend Chevy and Daywoo in offering fundament safetly options that SHOULD NOT BE IMPOSSIBLE TO GET DIRECTLY ON A DEALERS LOT!

same to the Mini Cooper, and Fit..................

Great Job Toyota!!! I love how one has to wait 6-months to get one of the 1/4 million of those Yari if they don't live in Canada.

"F-"

I wish every sucess for Daywoo, more options same warrenty and less price and more color options too!!! lots more!!

..................And yet I wait for that Yaris - only because I like the looks and HAD NO IDEA Toyota was so incompetent in promoting one of their own cars! Had I known back in March - I probably would have gone with another maker.

good luck in catching that Unicorn buddy.
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
KwonSau

Drives: 2007 LB Meteorite Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilios View Post
I think if I made a big stink about it they might (my dealer) buy the car from NY and have it shipped here. Or hell I'LL buy the car from NY and drive it here.
I would go ahead and take a road trip. Seriously, your dealer will be no help. A car salesperson's job is NOT to get you the car you want - It's to get you to want the car that is on the lot. More than likely, anyone selling you a Yaris knows less about this car than you do. I know because I went throught the same thing (manual LB with the power package), and drove to another part of the state to get my car.

Whatever happens, don't settle...find the car you want and get it, even if it means a drive.
KwonSau is offline   Reply With Quote