Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Salo

Drives: Yaris 09 HB 4 door
Red face NEED HELP/ADVICE :)

Hey guys,
I've had my yaris for about a year now ((my first car))
hatchback 4 door, black, tinted windows.
I want to do the following to it and i would like some advice, help, tips, suggestions, objections, idk...

1. Rims and paint them hot pink or all black with a hot pink trim ((im a girl)) where can i get them? how do i paint them? what size? etc???!!!!!
2. Is it a good idea to drop your car?
3. Tinted tail lights (paint or tint?)
4.HIDs
5. I want my car to have hot pink stuff inside and out.. any suggestions??

all comments, suggestions, responses will be appreciated! :)
Salo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Welcome aboard, SALO!
I don't have the answers, but I would love to see the car once you start adding bits to it to customize it.
I've been tempted to lower my car once the stock struts die, but we get lots of snow here so I'm leery about clearance issues.
Anyways, have fun!

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
Salo

Drives: Yaris 09 HB 4 door
Thank you!! my first response!! lol

Well once i start doing it i will upload some pics :)
Salo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
Speedjunkiejp

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
there are hot pink wheels available. go to ebay and type rota pink. that should land a couple options. lug pattern is 4x100
Speedjunkiejp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Pink is HOT!!

This is an old For Sale link, but I don't recall any mention of item selling. This member sports a little pink himself.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20732
Old 02-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Wita09

Drives: 09 Yaris Hatchback
1. go to jlbmotorsports.com, talk to justin, great guy, i think he can help you with pink rims
2. for me it's worth it, improves looks and handling, go to microimageonline.com for the best prices in springs/ struts/shocks
3. tint is better, you can remove them once you don't like them anymore
4. hid is better than stock lights but check you local laws regarding this
5. sorry about this, i don't have any pink stuff in my car

Last edited by Wita09; 02-10-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Wita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
transparent paint is better than tint in quality, but you can't undo it easily.

definitely lower the car.

I like powdercoating better than painting when it comes to wheels - but it's more expensive to do it that way.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
good! someone else who plans to do pink too!!! i wont be doing hot pink tho. i plan on doing more of a bubblegum pink. i am going to lower the car and paint the brake calipers in light pink. i also will be painting my center console the same color. if i do pink on rims it will only be trimmed in the color. ive flirted back and forth with the idea of doing some pinstriping here and there in light pink. i seen a silver cadi at import alliance with pink pin striping and it was beautiful. i agree definitely lower the car tho. hot pink will look good with black too.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #9
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Pink interior looks good too.

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Salo:

That would look pretty cool, I like the idea of the entire rim being pink instead of only a stripe. Just buy some wheels you like and take them to a shop and they can powdercoat them for you. It comes out looking nice and vibrant. Its a little more bread but its worth it in the end, and some shops will even warranty there work.

Look in the for sale section there is a pink steering wheel for sale from Kustom Play who has a lot of pink on his car. Most things you can have painted or powdercoated so thats not a big deal. Idk how technically inclined you are but you could take the plastics off your dashboard and spray them pink! that would look hot!

As far as lowring I would say YES! do it. Its all an opinion thing tho. I also say if you're gonna do it, do it right. Dont get springs and call it a day b/c if you get them installed by a shop they will charge you an arm and a leg and then in 2 years your struts will be blown and you will need to fork out the money for new struts AND the rediculous install price again. You can buy lowering springs but buy either Tokico Blue or Koni Yellow Shocks/struts to go with and you can save yourself some money and i hear they have a real nice set up, or you can dish out the 900-1100 for coilovers and have a real nice customizeable setup. Remember the lower you go the more modification you need to make, like camber arms and bolts.

As far as tinting the tails, I hear the paint is nice, but I feal like it would be hard to get as even of a finish as with the vinyl. I also think vinyls come in darker shades than the paint, but i could be wrong. You do run the risk of tearing the vinyls or creating bubbles under the film that are a bitch to smooth out lol. But I still want to do this mod and I would say GO FOR IT!

Im in Tampa and if you ever are willing to make the trip let me know I can help you with almost any mods. Or shoot me a call or something. PM me if you want to exchange info.
Good luck.

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #11
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
This is my girlfriend's xB:

I painted the hubcaps using Krylon Satin Watermelon paint. So far they have held up really well to weather (salt+sand too). It's a fair amount of work to paint a full set of wheels yourself, but it's not particularly hard. It's also WAY cheaper than powdercoating (and also not as strong).

If you have the cash, and want a more permanent finish, powdercoat your wheels.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #12
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wita09 View Post
1. go to jlbmotorsports.com, talk to justin, great guy, i think he can help you with pink rims
2. for me it's worth it, improves looks and handling, go to microimageonline.com for the best prices in springs/ struts/shocks
3. tint is better, you can remove them once you don't like them anymore
4. hid is better than stock lights but check you local laws regarding this
5. sorry about this, i don't have any pink stuff in my car
dude JLBmotorsports is the place to go.. i got my konig countersteers from them will deff go to them again
Old 02-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
Walter

Drives: Polar White LB
[QUOTE=Salo;441047]

1. Rims and paint them hot pink or all black with a hot pink trim ((im a girl)) where can i get them? how do i paint them? what size? etc???!!!!!
2. Is it a good idea to drop your car?
3. Tinted tail lights (paint or tint?)
4.HIDs
5. I want my car to have hot pink stuff inside and out.. any suggestions??
[QUOTE]

1. Get all black rims, 17" would look good with a moderate drop. Then get some hot pink "time-attack" style rings cut in vinyl.

2. IMO its never a bad idea. It lowers your center of gravity for improved handling and reduces wheel gap for improved aesthetics. The ride is a little harsher/ bouncier but if you get a mild drop spring it wont be unmanageable.

3. Tint is reversible, I would go with the lightest tint possible (if at all).

4. Likely not legal in your area unless your car came stock with them, but you can throw in a drop-in kit and 99.9% of all cops wont be the wiser. So Cal is FULL of cars with drop in HIDs.

5. I typically dont post too much on here, but Ive always wanted to build a black car with bright accents, so I guess Im pretty opinionated on the hot pink with black haha. I think it would be easy to "rice-out" with too many accents. However, a little bit here and there would go a long way! Paint the calipers, a sticker here and there to match the vinyl rings on the wheels, subtle bits here and there. I think it can look very conceptual if done correctly! Take a look at this Audi, its very similar to what I would do (replace the green with pink in your case).
[IMG][/IMG]