Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Drives: flint mica yaris s sedan
1st yaris S sedan in passaic county, nj, us?

could it be me 1ST YARIS S SEDAN in passaic county, new jersey, united states?

thanks to jon, neville, will @ lithia springs, GA - team toyota.

called over 30 dealers from PA, MA, DC and nothing
so, i 'flew' to arlington toyota in jacksonville, fl but no power package there
then i drove 6 hours to georgia and they had it, after that drove 16 hours back to jersey
Attached Images

Last edited by manborn; 09-20-2006 at 12:02 PM.
manborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Nope, not the first, but nice none the less.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
manborn
are u still 34/39?

why, thank u.

first in flint mica s sedan then?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Sorry, I spotted the same exact on the GSP South over a month ago..

Who cares, its a good lookin car, and more and more are popping up each day.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
manborn
are u still 34/39?

it's all good, just glad i finally got 1. wat a journey
Old 09-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I don't understand why they would sell the S with Steelies and Hubcaps...great looking car tho

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
manborn
are u still 34/39?

there's a lot of stupid things that toyota does. why would they sell an s sedan with no power built-in, beats me

but i tried to get the 18 TRDs and they didnt have them instock so im looking into some enkei's right now

any1 know if 7.5 wheel width would fit with no scrapings on the wheel well?
Old 09-20-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
fantabulousbaby

Drives: 3 series
I'm sooooo glad to hear someone else went as far as I did for my Yaris (S). I did a nationwide search after cancelling my local order.. found one exactly how I wanted, loaded w/ side & curtains (except for color) in Phoenix. So I flew out there, spent the night, and drove 17 hrs back to Houston with my first speeding ticket and a starburst in my windshied from a semi flicking a stone Also, I'm pretty sure I bought the most expensive Yaris ever.. but whatever, I've seen 4 other Yarii in Houston and they all look plain as hell.. mine's the best
fantabulousbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
fantabulousbaby

Oh wow, now that I read your post again, Lithia Springs was one of the few other places with the "S".. there was a reason I didn't go.. including the beige interior and the hub caps. And they wouldn't budge on MSRP. I paid a few hundred under MSRP in AZ but they paid for my ticket, my hotel, my dinner, all my gas back to TX, and threw in Perma-Plate and dealership tint. I know it's a teaser but mine's a nautical blue "S" with 35% tint all around, power package w/ alloys, abs, cruise control, side/curtain airbags, rear bumper protector, spoiler w/ led, exhaust tip, and those sleek metals strips that say YARIS when you open the doors (?). basically loaded. I will only post pics after I install my fog lights and inalfa moonroof. I feel like I can travel the world with my Yaris and Garmin Nuvi But anyway congrats!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #10
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
What do you think of the 35% tint? Does it look like there's even tint when you're looking out the window(s) from inside?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #11
fantabulousbaby

Yes, you can definitely tell there's tint. I love it and will stick with this 35% for rest of my life. Any darker and vision is slightly 'impaired' at night (and in my opinion looks slightly suspicious, maybe even makes you more likely to be pulled over), and any lighter and the windows wouldn't help block the TX heat. I still feel 'private', yet not clearly visible (a lot of creeps stare at me, and this helps). If there was such thing as 30% I'd do that, but anyway I love it!!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #12
tiksman

Drives: 07 Red Hatch
Hey ,
Your Yaris from Litha springs is the first Yaris I ever sat in. It was on at the front of the dealership on display. Nice car but not too fond of the tan but it looks better than the black (black looks cheaper). I bought my car last week from them and I am very happy but no movement from MSRP and if you are not a internet customer they try and get ADR (additional dealer retail) 500 to 1k.
tiksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:17 PM   #13
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulousbaby
I'm sooooo glad to hear someone else went as far as I did for my Yaris (S). I did a nationwide search after cancelling my local order.. found one exactly how I wanted, loaded w/ side & curtains (except for color) in Phoenix. So I flew out there, spent the night, and drove 17 hrs back to Houston with my first speeding ticket and a starburst in my windshied from a semi flicking a stone Also, I'm pretty sure I bought the most expensive Yaris ever.. but whatever, I've seen 4 other Yarii in Houston and they all look plain as hell.. mine's the best
i got stoned too , but as small as a bolded period (.). thank goodness it didnt go thru. just on the outside part of the glass

we got pulled over but was let go. the GA police had to help out another tro0per chasing a local on foot plus i was fumbling around with the dealer paper work for my temp insurance and temp title

i just didnt like revving up my car like that for the 1st 1k miles. i mean, theres no break in period but the manual said no revving up before 1k. now that im home, even when it's too late. im giving it another 500 miles just to take it easy and no revving up or constant speeds(so stopped using cruise control) until after the addtional 500 is done

Last edited by manborn; 10-11-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:26 PM   #14
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiksman
Hey ,
Your Yaris from Litha springs is the first Yaris I ever sat in. It was on at the front of the dealership on display. Nice car but not too fond of the tan but it looks better than the black (black looks cheaper). I bought my car last week from them and I am very happy but no movement from MSRP and if you are not a internet customer they try and get ADR (additional dealer retail) 500 to 1k.
dude, u were in my car. wtf?!? j/k

anyways. ya. i didnt really care about the price since i travelled from jersey. it's great to work for continental airlines with flight benefits.

but i got some kind of discount. that sticker had enkei 15" alloys but the car had steels. so they took 699 off and 200+ for the error. but then i added gap + 7 or 8 yrs extra warranty. the platinum or whatever is the highest

i didnt like that tan seats or not having the trd 18" available but these cars r hard to come by. so i was still happy to find one.

come to think of it. i prefer my spoiler than the ones with leds. these spoilers look like the jettas. and i use to own a vw

p.s. what's a rear bumper projector look like?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #15
fantabulousbaby

I forgot how to hyperlink but you can go to motors.ebay.com and type 'yaris rear bumper protector'. I suppose it protects against scratches & cracks. It's good for me cuz I'm a lady and whenever lifting heavy objects I need something to 'lean on'.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:27 PM   #16
ScottFern

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I paid $15,465 - $400 trade in - $400 College Grad discount so $14,665 and I added on the $740 Platinum extended warranty coverage also.

This is for a Yaris Metallic Blue Sedan Automatic with the Power Package. I was a little upset as well when I saw the half beige/half dark interior. I said the same thing, they are just to hard to come by.

My only 2 beefs with the car:

1) Driver seat leaves me with back and leg pain, I believe it has to do with the massive slopes along the edge of the seat. Found this out after driving an hour to work and didn't notice it during test drive. I will adapt the seat somehow to make it more comfy.

2) Brake Pedal gets in my way sometimes when I push on gas pedal. I have wide shoes I guess?
ScottFern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #17
manborn
are u still 34/39?

suprisingly the seats r comfy for me. it actually supports my lower back. normally i would get a rolled up shirt tucked in my lower back but not in this car. 16 hours drive wasn't that bad except for the same scenary - dark night.