Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
How do you roll fenders in?

I need help with this people that have done it or people that knows how, how did you do it? Any technical way or special way to do it ? Who would do this? Tires shop? Body work shop? I been wanting to do this to my sedan and the LB
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Is this YouTube video what you are talking about? (It made me laugh)

Heres another one.

(Edit: PS> There are better vids on youtube, these just made me laugh)
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
What I did for my rear was this:

Heated a section fender lip with a heat gun, then I wedged an aluminum pipe between the tire and the fender. I gently started rolling the lip. Heat the next section, gently roll. Repeat until then whole fender lip is slightly rolled. Then just repeat the process, putting more pressure down the pipe to roll the fenders more. You'll destroy the weather stripping on the fender lip in the process, but eh, don't see the point in those anyway. It's really important to heat the fender lip tho as to not crack the paint. It'll take a while if you don't want any damage (took me around three hours I think, to do both sides). You don't want to really roll an area of the fender right away. You'd want to gradually roll the entire fender, as I mentioned.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I did mine at the track with a baseball bat, but it did chip the paint. There is a special tool with urethane wheels that the pros use.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
Depending on how much clearance you need, an alternate technique I've read about is shaving the lip. If you only need a few millimeters of clearance, you can cut away the inner lip up to the spot welds. No damage tothe paint and you don't risk breaking or weakening the spot welds. More info at the My.IS (IS300) forums...
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote