Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
brad4ds

Drives: 2008 yaris sedan
Factory HU output

Does anyone know what the actual watt output is on that fujitsu ten factory HU in an 08 sedan? I put some Polk dxi650's in the door and they were hands down better than factory. Now I have gotten some Polk 6x9's for the rear but hesitant about putting them in. I don't need the boom boom just an improvement over the original rears. Point is, if that fujitsu puts out 40 watts per channel, wouldn't that be good enough?
brad4ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
I'd be shocked if it put out that much. Hell, I'd be shocked if it put out that for all four channels.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
brad4ds

Drives: 2008 yaris sedan
Ok, I picked up a clearance Sony xplod gtx6040 4 channel amp with the speaker hi inputs. Decided to run 9 wire from radio to amp instead of loc. 6 to 1, half dozen the other. Did not need a remote wire this way. My problem is how do you feed a speaker wire to the front doors. I fought for 45 min trying to get anything through that boot on front door. What is the trick? Do I need to drill holes? Out of pure frustration, I went back to HU harness and tied back into original leads to front speakers.
brad4ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Crackerballer

Drives: 08 BMW 135i
I haven't tried it yet, but I am planning on giving it a run this weekend. My guess is that you need to pull the boot out and see what kind of clearance you have. If you can get it off the door, and you should be able to, then it will be much easier to feed and see where you need to route the wire. Head to Lowes and get you some wire lube, it'll probably save you a lot of 4 letter words.
Crackerballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
I re-ran wires into my doors. What I did was pulled the rubber boot out of the door, as well as the frame. I also unplugged the connectors for the door wires in the kick panel so I could pull the boot out into the open. The ends of the rubber boot are taped tightly around the wires that run through the boot. You need to remove this tape, it's just black electrical tape. Then get your speaker wire (hopefully it's sort of stiff for pushing) and lube it up with something. Hand soap or dish soap works, and is easy to clean off (just wipe). The soap will make the wire easier to push through.

Now, it's still not EASY. I pushed the wire through the door, then into the rubber boot. You literally have to massage the wire through. Expect to take 30-45 minutes per side doing this. Even with the boot a bit more in the open, you still don't have a ton of clearance. Also, the boot is ribbed, so it's easy for the wire to get caught. Just take your time, and be patient. If it gets stuck, pull the wire out, straighten it, and try again. You could try using a stiff wire (coat hanger), but make sure you bend the end over so the sharp point of the wire doesn't poke through the rubber.
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote