Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Autoguide.com : Test drive and review of the '14 Corolla

Go to http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...ideo-2786.html . Scroll down to video . Like the Green . Sort of looks like a Yaris sedan from the rear ( 3:09 into video ) .

Last edited by Hershey; 08-31-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
nice video review

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Went to my local dealer yesterday and was surprised to see about 8-9 already in stock including a truck unloading a few. Weird that they aren't running TV spots yet for the Corolla. What is Toyota waiting for with the campaign launch of their 2nd most important vehicle?

Anyway, I was taking a good long look at it and was pretty positive about it in person. The front end is its strongest element. The headlights are best in segment in style, not to mention they are the only full LED headlights in the segment. The rear end could be described as leaning on overly simple in comparison. They could have done more with it. Side profile is also on the conservative side. Biggest complaint remains the wheel gap. Why Toyota, why?

Interior is great. Looks 10 years ahead of the outgoing model. The dash even has stitching like the Camry. Nice piano black panels as well. Comes in like 8 interior color combinations which is almost unheard of.

In the past, I'd never consider any Corolla other than an "S", but now I'd probably go with the LE ECO. The draw with the previous S models was the body kits, but now they are gone. I actually like the grills on the non S models better. I also hate the new S wheels. And of course I'd want the 42 MPG ECO rating.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
Went to my local dealer yesterday and was surprised to see about 8-9 already in stock including a truck unloading a few. Weird that they aren't running TV spots yet for the Corolla. What is Toyota waiting for with the campaign launch of their 2nd most important vehicle?

Anyway, I was taking a good long look at it and was pretty positive about it in person. The front end is its strongest element. The headlights are best in segment in style, not to mention they are the only full LED headlights in the segment. The rear end could be described as leaning on overly simple in comparison. They could have done more with it. Side profile is also on the conservative side. Biggest complaint remains the wheel gap. Why Toyota, why?

Interior is great. Looks 10 years ahead of the outgoing model. The dash even has stitching like the Camry. Nice piano black panels as well. Comes in like 8 interior color combinations which is almost unheard of.

In the past, I'd never consider any Corolla other than an "S", but now I'd probably go with the LE ECO. The draw with the previous S models was the body kits, but now they are gone. I actually like the grills on the non S models better. I also hate the new S wheels. And of course I'd want the 42 MPG ECO rating.
I like the grille better on the "non S models" as well. I think the grille on the S is absolutely hideous! Agree on the S alloy wheels, too. Yuk!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
And how about green's apparent comeback. In the '90's, green was actually one of the most popular colors. In the last 10+ years, green cars for the most part were no where to be found. I'm mainly talking regular medium hue greens. This year, I've began to notice more green cars emerging. Mostly really dark though. The new Corolla seems the first back with a regular medium green. Out of the 8-9 I saw at the dealer, 2 of them were green. That's a high percentage of what was a dead color. And I have to say it fits the Corolla really well.

I say "regular" green but really this is really a nice metallic fresh looking green. Different from the common forest greens of the '90's. I guess it's closer to the emerald greens that were also popular.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Unfortunately, green cars have typically had poor trade-in/resale value.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Green does good things for the '14.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Wow, my first thought was that it was a Dodge Dart!