Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #1
waqasjamil

Drives: Vitz
DVD Video Screen goes black while in motion

Hi, My Vitz has NSDT W59 original toyota navi installed. When i play DVD video while car is parked, it plays normally but when i put handbrake down or drive the car, the video display goes black and only audio is played.

I Know that this is for safety of driver but is there a way to enable dvd video in motion.?
waqasjamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
biscoito1r

Drives: Yaris 2007
you need to put a switch to trick the DVD into thinking the parking break is on, there is plenty info for that on the web.
biscoito1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #3
268i

Drives: 06' Yaris 1.3l
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoito1r View Post
you need to put a switch to trick the DVD into thinking the parking break is on, there is plenty info for that on the web.
I hear you can just ground the wire that goes from the H/unit to the parking brake lamp wire.
268i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
mitchell12

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
That's not really grounding it then... Just look up the wiring diagram, One will be for something like "park/handbrake" or something similar. Can't remember if it needs 12v or open circuit to keep it playing... Pretty easy to figure out with a test light or multi meter.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
waqasjamil

Bump
Old 11-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
waqasjamil

some people making circuit to bypass the navi.

Anyone who done it for yaris?
Old 11-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
clint

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris le
You need a tr7 bipass module. That's what I have on my head unit to allow for video play while driving.
clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:38 PM   #8
ReedH

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
There are 2 "safety features" that inhibit the ability to do things while driving on our cars.

The first is the handbrake wire that goes into the back of the headunit. The wire is located on pin 6 of the 16-pin connector(If you don't have a backup camera, this is most likely the only wire that is connected to that connector). This wire can be cut and grounded or you can buy a replacement connector that will ground the pin. I believe this signal is tied only to the ability to watch videos.

The second is a vehicle speed sensor that inhibits the ability to perform certain functions while the car is in motion. If you have GPS, you cannot simply ground this wire. The head unit is smart enough to notice this and lock you out anyway. Some have used a 555 timer circuit to pulse the headunit with a low frequency signal. This tells the headunit that the car is moving below the "in motion" threshold(Which I think is about 3mph). This signal is pin 17 of the 28-pin connector.
ReedH is offline   Reply With Quote