Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #1
CrashRescueFF

Drives: Flint Mica Sedan
Won't bend over

O.K. went to dealership yesterday,no kids. The dealer would not budge from retail at all, and when I said O.K. I will pay retail but I want the trd rims thrown in he said no. Well 3 hrs. later I left, they have my #. I will try another local Toyota dealership and try to play one againest the other. Are these cars so popular now that they can ask retail? There are 3 more dealerships in this area so I will be busy. Also the apr was something like 8%, my credit union has 5.75% I am going with them.
CrashRescueFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #2
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I bought my Yaris HB in California for $300 under factory invoice, and no dealer fees.

I guess it depends on the region and the dealer!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
What do you mean when you say retail? They are asking you to pay the MSRP on the sticker. If so move on. I paid what was quoted to me as $200 below "dealer price" which of course is never the real story anyway but I figured a fair bargain as this seem standard at every dealership I went to as far as bargaining went. Also, I would have been thrilled to pay 8% interest! I plan to refi soon for lower interest.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #4
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashRescueFF View Post
O.K. went to dealership yesterday,no kids. The dealer would not budge from retail at all, and when I said O.K. I will pay retail but I want the trd rims thrown in he said no. Well 3 hrs. later I left, they have my #. I will try another local Toyota dealership and try to play one againest the other. Are these cars so popular now that they can ask retail? There are 3 more dealerships in this area so I will be busy. Also the apr was something like 8%, my credit union has 5.75% I am going with them.
Hey, Massachusetts here, right up the street. I went to Boch in Norwood Ma. On their website they show you what they paid and you kinda bid on that. I was in and out with papers signed in less than 1 1/2 hours. Great trade for my 2006 Chevy Silverado too. Hope your experience works out like mine. Let me know if you need a great salesdude.

Chuck

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
Yeah, call around; tell them what you were quoted; express a great interest in wanting to buy, and then wait and see how low they go. Eventually you'll get someone at some dealership eager enough to shave off a bit of their profit to get the sale. Region does have something to do with it, but your patience will pay off, if you can stand being without a Yaris for long -- god I love mine!
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
If they won't budge from MSRP, I think you did the right thing. My dealer has already told me the price I'd pay, and that wouldn't be MSRP.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:39 AM   #7
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
took me a week but talked them down from 14500 to 12200, put 1500 down bringing the car to 10700 <- not including the tax and the license.

What i did was ask them to take off the $1800 18" motegi rims and put steelies, and i asked for 12000 cause they quoted me 12700. They said no and i litterally just sat there talking with the dealer about how much better a civic is. Dude didn't budge and said the lowest he'd go would be 12500.

With 12500, i left the dealership and came back the next few days and talked with a different guy and eventually i was able to get 12200 plus gap, tire, and extended warrenty for free. Plus free floor mats and an armrest.

Persistence is key :] you can do it yourself really, i'm 18 and the only day i came with my parents was the day of the purchase.
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #8
ALY
TOYOTA Product Advisor

Drives: 2007 YARIS RS 3DR LB "B" PKG
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
good luck bargaining with Toyota, they know they have the best cars, they know they're the largest company in the world . THey'll end up saying the same thing they told me: "You don't like our price go see Nissan". What you see on the sticker is what you gonna pay, and i dont blame them they are right to be like that cause they're the shizznit

From what I have seen and or read during my 3 weeks with TOYOTA, as a product adviser in Canada (BC), is that dealerships in the US will sell for less than MSRP; however, in Canadian Provinces (most if not all) TOYOTA dealerships will sell at MSRP. The Canadian Sticker has been set by TOYOTA to be a fair asking price and gives the buyer security in knowing that they paid the same price as their neighbors and friends that purchased the same vehicle.

I purchased my Yaris prior to working at TOYOTA and paid MSRP. I have since sold 2 of these vehicles at MSRP.

TOYOTA is the largest automaker in the world, has the highest resale values, and the lowest maintenance. In Canada, we seem to be running out of stock on all 2007 models for these reasons alone.

TOYOTA is outselling all the competition as well in our region (probably others).

The RS models in BC are all sold out (2 automatics left) as of Friday when I went to check for a customer. I have been told there may be a few more coming next month; however, this has not yet been confirmed.
ALY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #9
CrashRescueFF

Drives: Flint Mica Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteorite Man View Post
Hey, Massachusetts here, right up the street. I went to Boch in Norwood Ma. On their website they show you what they paid and you kinda bid on that. I was in and out with papers signed in less than 1 1/2 hours. Great trade for my 2006 Chevy Silverado too. Hope your experience works out like mine. Let me know if you need a great salesdude.

Chuck
Hey Chuck, Is Boch in Attelboro, route 1 near the mall? I will try there. What was the salesmens name? I know a couple of people who did pretty well there. Thanks for the heads up.
CrashRescueFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #10
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
There is Boch in South Attleboro which is Boch South or the one I went to is their big shop in Norwood. On route 1 on the AutoMile. It's on the southbound side before you get to rt128/I95. It's actually closer to the Westwood townline.

I'm not familiar with the forum rules here so if you'd like, shoot me a private message and I'll give you my salesman's name and his personal phone number. Jump on thier website and you'll see their inventory. The weekend I went web-shopping they has 70+ Yarii on the lot. I just looked at the site and they have 51 Yarii, 22HBs and 29 sedans

Chuck

Chuck

Last edited by Meteorite Man; 07-23-2007 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Update info.
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #11
davembfan

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I paid a thousand under msrp, got the sedan with power package, convenance package, automatic for 14,345 before tax. I came to them test driving a hyundai accent and asked them to beat the price :) they have alot of markup in everything they sell. its bull when they tell you they cant go down any
davembfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #12
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
On the yaris, the markup really isn't as much as some other cars. so there are dealers less willing to work with you. however, there are still those that will and i got mine for about invoice. my dad helped me with the negotiation process. good luck to ya!

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #13
steved
Yaris Rules!!

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris Liftback a/t
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALY View Post
From what I have seen and or read during my 3 weeks with TOYOTA, as a product adviser in Canada (BC), is that dealerships in the US will sell for less than MSRP; however, in Canadian Provinces (most if not all) TOYOTA dealerships will sell at MSRP. The Canadian Sticker has been set by TOYOTA to be a fair asking price and gives the buyer security in knowing that they paid the same price as their neighbors and friends that purchased the same vehicle.

I purchased my Yaris prior to working at TOYOTA and paid MSRP. I have since sold 2 of these vehicles at MSRP.

TOYOTA is the largest automaker in the world, has the highest resale values, and the lowest maintenance. In Canada, we seem to be running out of stock on all 2007 models for these reasons alone.

TOYOTA is outselling all the competition as well in our region (probably others).

The RS models in BC are all sold out (2 automatics left) as of Friday when I went to check for a customer. I have been told there may be a few more coming next month; however, this has not yet been confirmed.

Your right I went to 4 different dealers in Montreal and they would not budge on the price. But I did managed to get the 6cd radio for free.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:21 PM   #14
steved
Yaris Rules!!

Drives: 2007 Red Yaris Liftback a/t
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALY View Post

Your right, I went to 4 different dealers in Montreal and they would not budge on the price. But I did managed to get the 6cd radio for free.
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
tacsniper

Drives: 07 White Yaris RS
I bought the 5dr RS and got $600 CAD off (not like the currency really matters now a days) right off the bat without spending hours bargaining. Also got $650 off on undercoating and they replace the OEM spoiler to the rally style spoiler for free
tacsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #16
BaknBlak

Drives: Black '07 HB A
I've heard that the dealers only make 5oo.oo on a base model yaris. They make 1800.00 on a camry, so they'll keep more on the lot. With that in mind, we split the 500.00 and he made money on the power option. So there's not alot of play as I understand it.
BaknBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #17
tacsniper

Drives: 07 White Yaris RS
Quote:
hey did you get your government rebate yet? i want that 1000$
no not yet, the website said they will have the program "active" in fall 2007. Haven't heard anything about submitting our paperwork for the money yet.
tacsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 AM   #18
ALY
TOYOTA Product Advisor

Drives: 2007 YARIS RS 3DR LB "B" PKG
Quote:
hey did you get your government rebate yet? i want that 1000$
I am waiting as well... The website mentions fall 2007.
ALY is offline   Reply With Quote