Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Japanese Wheels

So anyone ever find wheels they loved but on a japanese site and google isn't helping?

I'm intrigued by these
http://www.piaa.co.jp/products/car/w...floralcross/#3

I've googled "PIAA Floral Cross" and don't get anywhere. Google images has more photos, but all to Japanese sites I can't read.

Anyone have any ideas or tips on how I could find out more about these?

Or anyone ever see something in a similar style to this? I like "filigree" or "flourish" or swirl type designs but they called this "Floral Cross." I thought there HAS to someone making a weird wheel in those styles.

(disclaimer I'm a girl that likes weird stuff, so I know its not most peoples cup of tea, but maybe you've seen something similar online or in the USA and could post?)

Thanks!
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Can you not select "translate" on the google search results before opening the page?

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
I tried, I was able to read some awkward english descriptions but what I need is price & where/how to buy. I didnt know if car guys had some backdoor market of buying stuff if its only avail in other countries' stores and shipping it around.

There's a bit of a community of people buying specific Japanese clothing only avail in shops there, and shipping it to the US for others. But I guess wheels would be hella expensive to ship like that.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Form>Function

Oh got yout. Have you tried reaching out to VR Wheels or Memoryfab or similar companies local to you? These companies import rare wheels, fix/clean them up and flip them for a profit.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Man, those are crazy. Never seen any like that.

But yes, I've seen several JDM wheels that I'd love but probably can't get. I used to be in love with Enkei Big End wheels, specifically the Big End Rodder and Big End Barrel.

I also love the Garcia Speed Choppy with speed discs, but they're crazy rare.

I had a set of Rays Texan Shotguns that I had imported (they were used). Could hardly find Japanese websites with info. I dumped a ton of money into them to make them look new and then traded them. Still wish I had 'em kinda.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Hit up EP Importers on Facebook.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Form>Function

I would rock those OP

Old 11-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Is that the same PIAA that makes the lights, etc. that are available here? If so, it looks like they do bring some wheels to the US, so maybe you could connect with them to find one of their distributors that could bring them in:

http://www.piaa.com/store/c/85-Wheels.aspx
Old 11-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
If you do get them, you realize they only come in 16 x 5 +45, right? CTScott has the right idea, give them a call and see if they could bring them it. It'll probably cost you an arm and a leg.

@Thirty-Nine - I feel ya. I miss them... Didn't you have the speed discs or something similar?

yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #10
Form>Function

Sugi I like those ^^^

Old 11-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #11
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
If you do get them, you realize they only come in 16 x 5 +45, right? CTScott has the right idea, give them a call and see if they could bring them it. It'll probably cost you an arm and a leg.

@Thirty-Nine - I feel ya. I miss them... Didn't you have the speed discs or something similar?

Love those wheels!

I had Rays Texan Shotguns. Two piece 16x7 +37. Couldn't figure out what to do with the plastic centercaps, as they were scuffed like crazy. I actually had my local Makin dealer order me some new ones from Japan, but when they came in, they were the wrong size. (They made two versions of the Texan Shotguns).

Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote