Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
JustinBannerRacingRS
Wannabe Pro Racer

Drives: <Current> 2005 VW GTi
Send a message via AIM to JustinBannerRacingRS Send a message via MSN to JustinBannerRacingRS Send a message via Yahoo to JustinBannerRacingRS
Thinking of the New Yaris 3-door

My First Post

I currently own a 2005 VW GTi 1.8T, but because of a bad situation (job change) I can't afford my VW. So, I've been looking a getting a cheaper car that I can still have fun with. I considered a used car, but I owe just a little much to hand it over for something used, espically a small car like a Civic or CRX. Because of that, I went looking a new cars with a cheaper price tag. Before even visiting this site, I narrowed my choice down to the Toyota Yaris LB. I love how it looks and the smaller car has lighter weight than my GTi. Upon visiting this site, I'm now even more excited about possibly owning a Yaris because of the potential I've seen in body, engine and suspension performance. I'm already even tempting myself into trying to make a 1.8 Liter engine fit into it, but that would be getting too ahead of myself. Can you guys give me anymore heads up in the Yaris, especially in AutoX and Track Day stuff? I kind of think this little car will be like my old Nissan 200SX with it's 1.6 liter engine.

OH, and one more question, has anyone seen anything about converting the rear brakes from drums to disks? I'm not much of a fan on changing brake shoes and worrying about all those extra springs.

If you want to know a little more about me, ask or visit my MySpace page (yeah... I know, everyone has one). http://www.myspace.com/bannerracingrevolution