Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
J2 Coilovers, anyone know about them

Came across these today on ebay, good price and adjustability. Some decent reviews online from other car forums about them. Anyone on here seen these before or have any input? The price is pretty good if they are as good as they seem and durable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J2-FOR-YARIS...tVSwPL&vxp=mtr
Old 11-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Doing a quick search, I found some good reviews and some not so good ones. These look decent, but as with many of these newer coilover companies, they are probably all coming out of the same production facility. It might be better in the long run to spend $100-250 more and get some from a brand that already has a good reputation. I never had any issues with my Megans and I had them for nearly 2 years, and I drove on them pretty much everyday.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #3
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Came across these today on ebay, good price and adjustability. Some decent reviews online from other car forums about them. Anyone on here seen these before or have any input? The price is pretty good if they are as good as they seem and durable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/J2-FOR-YARIS...tVSwPL&vxp=mtr
Looks pretty typical of a low buck coilover setup. It is nice to see that they appear to have independent compression and rebound settings - making them double adjustable, not 32 way. lol

No spring rates given? I would imagine post sales service is nonexistent.

Last edited by Jason@SportsCar; 11-11-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Jason@SportsCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Spend a little more.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2011-To...BVjDWF&vxp=mtr

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #5
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
I'm kinda seeing some red flags with this one.
First off, I wanna see some clarification! What is the warranty beeing offered? 1-year from the photo on ebay or lifetime as stated on their website?
No paperwork or adjustment instructions? What happens if someone doesn't adjust them correctly and they fail? Is it their fault if they didn't know better?
Also, they manufacture coil-overs, but not regular springs? If so, which springs do they use? They don't specify.

I admit, I bought a set of shocks and struts I never heard of mainly as an experiment to see if they are any good since reviews on them were mixed. I honestly don't expect them to perform all that well, but it's a risk I decided to take, mainly because they were significantly cheaper then the rest on the market. I am prepared to pay more for a better quality set if I they fail. It's up to you if you want to take a similar risk.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Appreciate the input, ya I wouldn't want to spend all that cash as a guinea pig for them. I'd rather spend $200 more for a quality Megan set or even Teine basis not adjustable for the same price.

But with the conversion rate at what it is that's a lot of cash.

Is there much benefit to coilovers vs MI springs with adjustable shocks/struts such as tokiko reds?