Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
The Right and Left Hands

The US Department of Homeland Security frets over "right wing extremism" and the terrorism of groups that oppose abortion, gun control or President Obama's plans.

http://thebulletin.us/articles/2009/...6924283867.txt

Meanwhile NASA's very own Jim Hansen is comparing coal fired power plants to "Factories of Death" and the trains that deliver the coal to "Death Trains".

http://climateandcapitalism.com/?p=656

Now let me see if I get this straight... DHS's Janet Neapolitano is standing by this analysis, especially the idea of "extremist points of view" leading to violence.

Yet Dr. Hansen is using very similar rhetoric to that used by anti-abortion demonstrators, who liken abortion clinics to "factories of death". Does this mean that Dr. Hansen will be held to account if someone derails a coal train or sabotages a coal fired power plant?

Be nice if the Right hand knew what the Left hand was up to down in DC. After all, a bunch of us paid taxes today. Be nice if our wages were spent by competent people.

Sources
Old 04-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Yet Dr. Hansen is using very similar rhetoric to that used by anti-abortion demonstrators, who liken abortion clinics to "factories of death". Does this mean that Dr. Hansen will be held to account if someone derails a coal train or sabotages a coal fired power plant?
No.

Do you even think before posting things, or just try to make up anti-Washington topics as fast as you can?

Either way, it's sort of amusing.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Explanation is easy.......People who did not cheat, lie or steal while they filed their annual tax return got the jobs..... that standard proved to be a tough selection and narrowed the field!

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Old 04-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Now let me see if I get this straight... DHS's Janet Neapolitano is standing by this analysis, especially the idea of "extremist points of view" leading to violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
No.
How true, Gideon. Only reactionaries must be held to account for their words.

By the way, since when is holding the DHS to account being "anti-Washington"?

Gene
Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Quote:
How true, Gideon. Only reactionaries must be held to account for their words.
I know! Wouldn't it be nice if people realized that Jim Hansen, who wrote one letter to the UK Guardian making a poor analogy is EXACTLY the same as Army of God's Stephen Jordi!

Quote:
By the way, since when is holding the DHS to account being "anti-Washington"?
By making this outrageous thread of idiocy comparing the head of NASA's comments about coal to the Army of God, or maybe even the American Coalition of Life Activists' comments etc about abortion.

Well that's how I see it, because last I checked, no single protester has been held accountable for anti-abortion violence. Except for maybe the protesters that actually did the violence!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Cuh-losed!
Closed Thread