Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-31-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
Venom
Ooby Dooby Ke-Newbie

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Venom is here!

Hi folks. I'm new to the board.

I just got my new '07 Yaris last week. It's a black sand pearl sedan my wife named Venom (we name all our cars). It was pretty much a base model, just had the cruise control as an option. I wanted the stick, but I got the automatic for two reasons: A) My wife doesn't drive stick and doesn't care to learn, B) I really need to be able to remote start it so when it's -70F degrees outside it can be nice and toasty before I get in!

So I won't post any pictures until I have some worth posting (right now you can just look up an 07 black Yaris with a charcoal interior on Toyota.com...that's what it looks like.) I did want to mention what's already in the mail for it and what I still want to get for it.

Already on its way, but not yet installed:

Audio/Video:
Jenson Double Din DVD/Nav Touch Screen head unit w/ TV Tuner, XM and ipod adapter
2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 6 1/2" component speakers/tweeters/crossovers
2 Alpine Type-S 6x9's
1 Infinity 4 channel amp to run the above
1 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1" VQ sub w/ enclosure
1 Infinity mono amp to run sub

Security:
Viper 5900 2-Way System
Includes: 1 mile range Remote Start
Auto Locks (Actuators ordered from A1electronics.com)
Alarm
Alert system on key fob
Diagnostic/temperature monitor on key fob

Exterior:
Naristo Body Kit

So that's what will be on it shortly, hopefully within two weeks. The below is what I still want to do, but haven't yet:

Exterior:
Exhaust Tips
Mud Flaps
16, 17, or 18 inch black rims with chrome lip
lip spoiler
HID or Xenon headlights and foglights
Clear protection film for front bumper/hood
Euro style taillights
...and someday when I'm rich, Moonroof

Interior:
Custom seat covers (any good places?)
Weather resistant floor mats (know of any?)
Sill protectors
Blue neons under the dash
Blue LED dash cluster replacements
Custom sub box for the back, or maybe put it in the tire (I think that can be done?)
Possibly some sort of trim here and there, who knows

Performance:
Cold Air intake
AMSOil all around
AMSOil or K&N Filter
Whatever else adds to performance without sacrificing gas mileage...maybe true dual exhaust?

Misc.:
Road Blaster to replace the rin tin tin horn (probably the next thing I'll do)

Out of necessity I have to winterize the car for Alaska. It needs an engine block heater, oil pan and transmission heater, battery blanket, snow tires, and depending on the cost, I might have it rust proofed.

that's about it. So far I'm really enjoying the car. Iknow once I get the audio/video installed I'll REALLY enjoy it! This is a pretty cool board you have here. I look forward to talking with you all!

PS- My other car is a '04 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi 4x4. And Dodge fans?
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Hi Venom! Welcome and happy new year and all that fun shit.

Alaska, eh? Wow. Burrrr.

The black sedan with that kit should look hot. Your sound system will sound nice too... a nice start to what should be a sweet car. You must be stoked!

Being as I have seen most every thread on these boards, allow me to help with some of those mods.

There are a few sponsors on the boards with wonderful deals on rims. Check out the sponsor's classifieds section.
A member by the name of Chris07LB has the hookup on some sweet HID's for your baby for a good price. Hit him up. It would also be good to note another member, Violin, is doing some super trick mods on his headlights using this same kit, so you'd be set to follow suit if you ever decide to.
Those are all over ebay
Go check out craigslist.com and search for a leather/upholstery installer in your area. I know you're in Alaska and there probably isn't a zillion installers sitting around looking to make an extra buck on the side, but you may get lucky. I used that method to hook up with a dude that quoted me $600-$1000 to recover the whole car in anything from plain leather to baby skin. Ok, ok, maybe not baby skin, but some really really nice materials. Maybe I'll drink some chianti afterwards.
I bought some from AutoZone... generics for cars/trucks/SUV's. They fit perfectly. Don't remember the brand, though. Just know that members haven't had much luck finding anything fitted for these cars just yet.
Whatever else adds to performance without sacrificing gas mileage...maybe true dual exhaust?
Megan Racing has a header... I think Weapon R does too (don't quote me on that) and the same pieces are being sold now on Ebay as generics. That would be a good start. Also, NST has a group buy on their new lightened crank pulley in the classified section. Go get in on that!

Hope that helps. Welcome to the family.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:04 AM   #3
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Nice set-up dude!
And welcome!!

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:37 AM   #4
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Happy New Year... And Welcome to YW...

I can't wait to see those pics when you got some...

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:12 AM   #5
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Dam i thaught it was a yaris with the marvel character venom on the hood of sumfin.

Post pics when u have the chance!! :)
Old 01-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
Venom
Ooby Dooby Ke-Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Hi Venom! Welcome and happy new year and all that fun shit.

Alaska, eh? Wow. Burrrr.

The black sedan with that kit should look hot. Your sound system will sound nice too... a nice start to what should be a sweet car. You must be stoked!

Being as I have seen most every thread on these boards, allow me to help with some of those mods.

There are a few sponsors on the boards with wonderful deals on rims. Check out the sponsor's classifieds section.
A member by the name of Chris07LB has the hookup on some sweet HID's for your baby for a good price. Hit him up. It would also be good to note another member, Violin, is doing some super trick mods on his headlights using this same kit, so you'd be set to follow suit if you ever decide to.
Those are all over ebay
Go check out craigslist.com and search for a leather/upholstery installer in your area. I know you're in Alaska and there probably isn't a zillion installers sitting around looking to make an extra buck on the side, but you may get lucky. I used that method to hook up with a dude that quoted me $600-$1000 to recover the whole car in anything from plain leather to baby skin. Ok, ok, maybe not baby skin, but some really really nice materials. Maybe I'll drink some chianti afterwards.
I bought some from AutoZone... generics for cars/trucks/SUV's. They fit perfectly. Don't remember the brand, though. Just know that members haven't had much luck finding anything fitted for these cars just yet.
Megan Racing has a header... I think Weapon R does too (don't quote me on that) and the same pieces are being sold now on Ebay as generics. That would be a good start. Also, NST has a group buy on their new lightened crank pulley in the classified section. Go get in on that!

Hope that helps. Welcome to the family.
Cool! Thanks for the tips, I'll look into them.

Quote:
Dam i thaught it was a yaris with the marvel character venom on the hood of sumfin.
Well, the car was named for Venom, I don't think I'll paste him across my hood, but maybe a custom license plate and a decal on the back window would be in order.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 12:33 PM   #7
elsteverino889

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan black
Welcome to the family, and happy new year, I really want to see pics of that system if u actually get it installed
elsteverino889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Welcome to Yaris World, and many happy years of driving.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
Venom
Ooby Dooby Ke-Newbie

Well, all the electronics should be here by friday, so I'm looking at having them installed on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post

Post pics when u have the chance!! :)
You know something? You inspired me. Below is a graphics scheme I came up with for my car. It's the symbol Venom wears on his suit. That may also be done this week.

What do you all think of the rims? They ar 5Zigen Hyper 5ZR's in hyperblack.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #10
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Well, all the electronics should be here by friday, so I'm looking at having them installed on Saturday.

You know something? You inspired me. Below is a graphics scheme I came up with for my car. It's the symbol Venom wears on his suit. That may also be done this week.

What do you all think of the rims? They ar 5Zigen Hyper 5ZR's in hyperblack.

I inspired u? In what way? though your creativity and well ur name to your yaris gave u that idea of puttin some style to your car. I really really thaught that it was a yaris with the character venom on de car.

And ur makin it cum tru :) weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yay lol

BTW are u gonna airbrush it on, or is it custom decals?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #11
Venom
Ooby Dooby Ke-Newbie

Vinyl graphics.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #12
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

yea im thinking of gettin Custom decals too........ or vinyl whatever u wanna call it......

around the eyes though...i need to photoshop it :)
Old 01-10-2007, 02:55 AM   #13
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
i think this could be a SICK car

but I can't see so much vinyl lookin good... if its done, it has to be cleared over at least.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:25 PM   #14
Venom
Ooby Dooby Ke-Newbie

Pardon my ignorance...what does "cleared over" mean?
Old 01-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
ChinoCharles
Banned

Hitting the entire car with clearcoat after putting vinyl on will make the edges less visible and give it more of that real paint look.

I'm not going to say you can't get a vinyl decal in that pattern because anything is possible with enough $$$$, but it may actually be more expensive to do that in vinyl than it would be in paint. The lighter silver is the non-stock color, so you're talking a vinyl decal to cover the entire rear quarter of your car... wow. That is a lot of dough.

You can save yourself some green by taping the pattern off yourself, too.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
Venom
Ooby Dooby Ke-Newbie

Well, I thought about going to a custom paint shop. I just figuered there was no way it would be cheaper. But I'll look into it. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #17
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
dude it's his car don't make him feel bad he has feelings you know, don't judge others!
Russelt3hPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM   #18
ChinoCharles
Banned

Um, dude, I like his car. Haha. I wasn't judging at all... I was just saying that he might want to focus on looking into painting those rather than going the vinyl route.

Its going to look sick, though.