Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
Auto brokers, clubs?

Heyo,

In researching for possible invoice prices I ran acrosss a Canadian forum where people were basically swearing by a site called www.apa.ca. I was intrigued and curious to see if there was anything equitable in the US. I've bumped into a few nationwide services like www.newcarslowestprice.com, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience(s) w/ a local or national autobroker/club? I know the markup on the Yaris is pretty small, but being a grad student w/ 6 figures in loans to pay back, I'm hoping to save any $ I can! :D

Thanks!
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
In a couple of words Costco Auto Buying Program.

Become a member; give it a try.

Toyotas are just $500 over invoice around here on that program.

And you deal with the Fleet Mgr, not a run-of-the-mill salesman.

We have purchased two Toyotas on that program this year - we have been very satisfied. (I am an ex-salesman - telecom equipment.)
Old 11-20-2006, 01:33 AM   #3
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Somethings
In a couple of words Costco Auto Buying Program.

Become a member; give it a try.

Toyotas are just $500 over invoice around here on that program.

And you deal with the Fleet Mgr, not a run-of-the-mill salesman.

We have purchased two Toyotas on that program this year - we have been very satisfied. (I am an ex-salesman - telecom equipment.)
Yes, I'm a costco member. The last I looked into it for a Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla the prices were no different than the sticker prices I had seen around. :( So I was hoping to see what else could be out there.
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #4
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
Isn't MSRP about $500 over invoice on the Yaris anyways?

Garson - D.A.D. aero
Zuenglein Dolci wheels
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Right, something like $500-$600 on base model. Adding options widens the spread between MRSP and Invoice, because there is like 20% profit built into the options.

Suggest you go to the Costco website and submit a request for local participating dealer to contact you. (You have to take this step to qualify for the program.) Fleet manager will then sit down with you and go over pricing and availability.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:06 PM   #6
SimplyYaris

Drives: Red Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Somethings
Right, something like $500-$600 on base model. Adding options widens the spread between MRSP and Invoice, because there is like 20% profit built into the options.

Suggest you go to the Costco website and submit a request for local participating dealer to contact you. (You have to take this step to qualify for the program.) Fleet manager will then sit down with you and go over pricing and availability.
I second the Costco program. The deal you get varies by region and popularity of the car (e.g. the Costco price for the Prius is MSRP, other more popular cars are at invoice or a couple of hundred below).
SimplyYaris is offline   Reply With Quote