Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #1
gm830

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
i test drove it!!!

I finally got to test drive the yaris liftback today and i liked it a lot. after riding in it i now have no idea why people need rearview cameras with a yaris lol. the engine noise was louder than i'd like, but no more so than my dodge neon. i'm in tx right now and i'm moving to ca soon so i have to hold off on buying it but at least now i know it's something i want. I'm not sure if the salesman just couldn't figure it out or if there was something wrong with the seat but it didn't go down all the way flat like i thought it was supposed to. and it was the one with the headrest that are integrated with the seat and i thought those ones had the seats that folded completely flat. i dunno. there wasn't as much leg room as i had hoped but i can overlook that. the yaris looked a lot smaller in person than i thought, but still roomy inside, very nice. can't wait to take one home!
gm830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
hey, Fairfield. hahaha. i'm just 40-ish minutes away from you. but yeah, if you want rear leg room (assuming that was what you were talking about), go with the sedan. i'm not sure, but i think the rear seats in a LB fold down completely...

oh, buy one from Toyota Vallejo. their tax is one of the lower ones in Cali.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
petesimac

Drives: Yaris LB
Yeah, if the rear seats are the 60/40 seats, they will fold flat. You need to move the rear seats all the way forward to complete the deal (yes, the rear seats can slide up and back!).
petesimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:51 AM   #4
gm830

oh i was referring to the leg room in the drivers seat. i'll have to check out the one in vallejo, hopefully they'll have my color!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:55 AM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm830 View Post
oh i was referring to the leg room in the drivers seat. i'll have to check out the one in vallejo, hopefully they'll have my color!
heh, not sure about the LB, but the sedan has plenty of leg room, but what do i know, i'm just your average-height Asian (and you know we're short ). what color are you looking for? oh, if you go to Vallejo, look for Dan Truel (sp?). he's one of the best sales-man there (he tries harder to give you a better price).
Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #6
gm830

thanks i'll be sure to look for him! i want the meteorite metallic. i'm 6'1 but the leg room isn't that big of a deal i guess. i don't feel squished, it's just that i don't have extra room. but for a car that looks as hot as the yaris lb, i'll manage :-)
Old 06-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm830 View Post
thanks i'll be sure to look for him! i want the meteorite metallic. i'm 6'1 but the leg room isn't that big of a deal i guess. i don't feel squished, it's just that i don't have extra room. but for a car that looks as hot as the yaris lb, i'll manage :-)
no problem. oh, that's a nice color. hope you get it soon.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #8
Devine

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 2D Hatch
Send a message via MSN to Devine
I owned a Neon before this Yaris as well...trust me....leg room isn't a big deal in the Neon vs Yaris. The seats in my LB are hella more comfortable than the Neon.

I consider my Neon a 6-pack car....drink it and throw it away. I got the life sucked out of mine over 5 years and 98k miles. Hope you were able to suck the life out of yours!

You will definatly enjoy the change! I know I did

<<D>>
Devine is offline   Reply With Quote