Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Haven't ordered yet but..........

I was going to go to a dealer here in New York to order a Yaris Sedan in the next couple of weeks, but after reading some of the posts here about people ordering and not getting what they want I'm not so sure now. I saw a post where a person ordered a Yaris and was told that the options he wanted when his car arrived weren't on it. a
Another person was told he'd have to take what they had and wouldn't even order the options he wanted from Toyota. Is this the policy with Toyota dealers? If so Honda and Nissan have comparable cars that might not get the same mileage but have equal or better options and standard features. Are these horror stories true?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Trust that whatever horror is caused by having to settle is quickly replaced by jubilation once you actually drive the car and see the line that says TOTAL on that sheet.

If you're going in to order a liftback, expect to wait 2 months or more on the east coast for the power package/convenience package. If you're getting a sedan, just get an S and it will come loaded. There you have it.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Thanks for the encouragement Chino Charles. I'm going for the sedan. I'll post what happens when I see the dealer. Fortunately there are at least three Toyota dealers close to me.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #4
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
sadly, it's all too true that Toyota Dealerships are screwing people. They will either refuse to order what you want <raises hand> or they will simply make you wait and then sell it out from under you if given the chance.

It's more a dealership thing than a Toyota thing. Though, the dealership has paid in blood for their indiscretions against me Can you say melt the tires on brand new cars?? Hmm...even though I just bought a Yaris, i would LOVE to test drive a TRD supercharged Scion tC...SURE I'm interested in buying it
Once out of the dealership lot, you BETTER believe i staged up some burnouts..and don't worry, they could never just sell this Scion to some unlucky chap...the steel belt was showing on the front tires

Revenge is best served with a clutch that smells like sawdust
Old 08-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
heydin

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris RS (mexican)
I too ordered a new Yaris (in Ohio) in June for arrival in late September. When I called yesterday, they informed me that a vehicle with the same color was arriving this month but not with my options. Supposedly on August 15th they'll received their September allocation and my car "might" be listed. The saleswoman then said that if it were not in their allocation, they would try and locate another one (like there's a lot of them available). I'm about to tell them where to go and get my deposit back. Any recommendations? Here in Costa Rica where I"m living until the end of September, I could purchase one and take it home today. Shame Toyota seems to care less about customer service in the USA.
heydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:21 PM   #6
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
I ordered a black Yaris hatch with power package(with 15" steel rims...the alloys were another $400 and just looked plain), fogs, rear spoiler, keyless entry and cold weather pkge. Total car plus dest chrg $13,700. They told me 4 months=16 weeks on 6/14/06.
ANYONE WANT TO TAKE BETS IF I EVER WILL GET IT AS ORDERED?!!!!
:(
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #7
heydin

My order was for a blazing blue w/power package, alloys, fog lamps, and ABS for approximately $13,100 including destination. I'm still waiting as well. I would not want to bet either of us will get the Yaris as ordered. I just cannot understand why the dealer "pretends" to order if in fact they really cannot.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
I don't feel so bad for getting a stick-shift LB for $500 under MSRP (= $14,135) equipped with:

All-Weather Pkg
ABS
Side Air Bags
Remote Keyless Entry
Fog Lamps
Power Pkg with 15" Steel Wheels
Rear Spoiler
Carpeted Floor/cargo Mats
Rear Bumper Protector

They delivered it in April, about 10 days after I told salesman we'd buy it. (It had just come into Portland, OR on the boat.)
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #9
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdavidr4u
I ordered a black Yaris hatch with power package(with 15" steel rims...the alloys were another $400 and just looked plain), fogs, rear spoiler, keyless entry and cold weather pkge. Total car plus dest chrg $13,700. They told me 4 months=16 weeks on 6/14/06.
ANYONE WANT TO TAKE BETS IF I EVER WILL GET IT AS ORDERED?!!!!
:(
who's gonna start the pool?
$5 on 17 weeks :P
Old 08-11-2006, 04:57 AM   #10
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
There is no reason you can't get what you want. You may have to wait a long time. They will offer you cars with different opts and hope you will buy. I Bought a hatch with more opts than I wanted ,but they sad I didn"t have too. I did not want to wait longer than I did, and it was just 1200 more, for all the extras. Just remember the car dealer is there to make money. They cannot force you to buy a car, So the dealer screwing anybody over implies that they are doing something illegal. If thats the case take them to court. If they sell you a car for more money than its worth and you buy it. Well do I have to say, dumb a... Same goes for a car you don't want.

Last edited by boxerboy; 08-11-2006 at 08:36 AM.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:23 PM   #11
heydin

I'll place $5 on 20 weeks. To make matters worse, I'm one of those waiting. I still have hopes but more doubts than ever. I have to have a car by September 30th so I may be stuck buying something else. What I really wanted is the new Daihatsu Terrios but it's not available in the USA. Shame because it is a decent SUV that gets over 30 mpg, albeit low on power. It has a similar engine to our beloved yaris.