Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
staypuft
aka SDMF

Drives: 07 LB Met Met
Send a message via AIM to staypuft
seat sensor possible fix *update*

i made a thread before it got lost from the hack. i had swapped my stock seats out for sparcos with wedge engineering brackets and couldnt figure out how to put the sensors in. i figured this thread should be in the cosmetic section because if you swap out seats you may want to create your own bracket if you want to swap out seat. well i finally had time to make a bracket. i'm going to the dealership to recalibrate the passenger side seat sensors. will update this thread when i get back from the dealership. heres some pics i took of my creation. used camera phone so kinda blurry.

follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/samuryan_x

Last edited by staypuft; 02-20-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: updated
staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Keep us posted on this man . I just switched my seats to recaros with Takata harness's so I got like 4 f'in lights on for the driver/passenger air bags , seat belts , and tire pressure light(differnt rims) getting kinda annoying Lol.

Btw, OMFG those absolute green rota's would be pure sex on my car with the takata harness's I just installed ! Very nice car man ! How's the blitz Sc working for you ?Thats my next "big" modd.
blacksandiegovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #3
staypuft
aka SDMF

will do, right now my passenger side airbag light blinking and the airbag light on the center console. blitz sc still kickin in the snow. thanks for the complement.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
definitely interested in a detailed DIY on the sensors. I'm sure a lot of us would be grateful for it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
frodos

Drives: Yaris hatchback
my seats they do not have sensors not even the seat belt at the beggining i was really sad about it but after driving a friends car it is really anoying that beep sound if you do not have your seat belt
frodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Then your car doesn't have airbags. The OP I think is talking about seat position sensors so the airbags know when to deploy and the car knows when to turn them on. Yes?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #7
frodos

Drives: Yaris hatchback
mine have frontal airbags they are on all the time :'( if you get involved on an accident the 2 airbags deploy i will post pics tomorrow i know from people i know that because it happens to a friend of mine
frodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

On my car, there is a pressure sensor in the passenger seat. The right front airbag is only enabled if the car thinks there is someone in that seat. Sometimes it would turn on when I put books or groceries in the seat. Nice, safe groceries.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Any updates, I just removed my passenger seat today, and I was hoping there was something working on this.

Has anyone been able to at least disable this sensor, and the seatbelt alarms, I am talking about the lights? For the sake of my sanity.

I know that vodka got the alarms to turn off, and if you threaten your dealer enough that they will do it, but I am interested in getting the lights to turn themseves off, I "could" go and remove the lights that light up...but thats the wrong way to go at it.

Last edited by Sabretooth; 01-24-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
staypuft
aka SDMF

im still waiting for the dealership to work me in, they been busy this past week, will let everybody know asap

Old 02-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
staypuft
aka SDMF

went to the dealership yesterday and tried to recalibrate passenger seat. airbag ecu refused the program so it could not calibrate. dealer could not figure it out, everything was plugged in. i will still try to fix it but i got nothing as of right now.