Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
julienrl

Drives: 2007 yaris
Front passenger seatbelt alarm swtich help

Hello, I am trying to stop the seat belt alarm from the front passenger. I found the wire that goes from the seat belt socket in the Yaris Service Manual (and double checked it), but when I unplug it to see if I can just add a switch to short it, it turns off the airbag but not the seat belt alarm.

Here is what I have gathered from probing

-The socket part of the circuit has a resistance of 3.33 megahomes
-when I insert the buckle, the resistance does not change
-The resistance does not change when I sit on the seat (meaning I did not accidentally probe the scale mechanism, although it has a giant connector with many wires so it would be hard to mix it up.)
-When I close the circuit when the socket is unplugged from the circuit, the airbag does not turn on but nothing happens for the alarm

Any ideas?

thanks!

Julien

Last edited by julienrl; 07-04-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: did more testing
julienrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
not gonna lie, not exactly sure what in the world ur talking about, lol. but i my experience (if 3.33megaomes is the correct resistance) if ther are 4 wires going into the buckle, 2 wires need to be connected to a 3.33 resistor and the other 2 wired to a switch or together.

i think i have restated whaqt u planned on doing....lol, iunno, if not, give it a shot! lol
Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
julienrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
not gonna lie, not exactly sure what in the world ur talking about, lol. but i my experience (if 3.33megaomes is the correct resistance) if ther are 4 wires going into the buckle, 2 wires need to be connected to a 3.33 resistor and the other 2 wired to a switch or together.

i think i have restated whaqt u planned on doing....lol, iunno, if not, give it a shot! lol

lol sorry about the lack of clarity. I am trying to make it so that the annoying sound does nto go off when I have weight on my front passenger seat, but no seatbelt plugged in. I can't for the life of me figure out where I could add a switch to make a false "seatbeld fastened" signal so the car can shut up :p

I know it stops after 30 seconds and I can just get a scrap buckle or whatever, but this solution would be cleaner\cooler.

thanks

Last edited by julienrl; 07-08-2010 at 07:39 AM. Reason: funny typo... turned "scrap" into a vulgarity, oups! lol
Old 07-08-2010, 06:48 AM   #4
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
hi buddy

did u try following the wires and see where it leads you, there must be another wire going to the speaker, let me know if u come right, will ask my dad later today and see if he can help
Old 07-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
julienrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazier View Post
hi buddy

did u try following the wires and see where it leads you, there must be another wire going to the speaker, let me know if u come right, will ask my dad later today and see if he can help
thanks! Today was exam day so I didint do that last night\today, but I will try to track the cables further in sometime tonight or tomorrow and report on it.