Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Trishen Naidoo
Proud Goloof Hater (G)

Drives: Toyota Yaris T1
Rattles and some advice

Hello Guys

I have a 2009 T1 LB and I have Installed a Sony Xplod USB AUX Head Unit, 2000W Targa Amplifier and a 1000W 12" Pioneer Subwoofer with stock Tweeters and Mids. The issue im having is with Rattles.. at mid range sub frequency, the Rear Break light that fits at the top of the tailgate Rattles, as well as the Rear view Mirror and the Plastic cover by the Speedo and lastly some of the windows, Especially the drivers side door. Wiring isnt an issue however the car does need to be rewired (Next time dont ask a friend who thinks he knows what he's doing)

The Second issue I have with my Interior is, is there any way I can install a switch to switch the amp and sub off from the drivers seat without having to switch the whole radio off or go into the head unit to switch it off. On the Sony Xplod head units its a mission and the amp stays on even if the sub is off, thus draining the battery and me having to (Very Embarassingly) kickstart my car..
Ive Noticed in the Center Console by the Door locking switch there are some unused switch mountings or bays (Whichever you prefer) just infront of the handbrake.. Can i use those, if so, Where can I get a switch? Also, Is this possible?

Thanks for the Replies
- Sony Xplod GT45U Head Unit
Trishen Naidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
just mount a 12V toggle switch on the blue remote wire to the amp.

as for the rattles, buy a lexus. LOL. JKSJKS

for the rear brake light, make sure its the rear brake light. you can pop off the 2 little caps on the rear brake light and tighten it down. mine was loose. Also the plastic pannel on the inside of the tailgate can rattle, i removed mine and filled it with some soft foam.

Are you sure its the review mirror? on my car it was the passenger side air vent that sounded like it was the center mirror.

as for the trim around the spedo, remove it and look at the wear marks on the spedo itself to see exactly where it is making contact. using a dremel or soemthing cut off the excess on the tim peice so it doesnt make contact anymore
Old 12-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
phaznet

Drives: '07 Yaris Sdn
my rearview mirror also rattles!
phaznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #4
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
rly? how? which part? if its the joints i would recommed just putting some lithum grease on it bu that would be more of a squeek then a rattle.

Just unclip the mirror from the window (slide it up, i will not be responsible for broken things) and see if you can still hear it. this would also be the best way to put grease on the joints.

Phaznet, I/ bet your car has what sounds to be 100 rattles every morning before the heat kicks in, lol. when my car is cold it sounds like im dragging my dash on the road behind me till it warms up.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #5
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
It sounds to me that your amplifier issue is a matter of proper wiring.

When you turn off your ignition the amplifier should turn off as well... Negating the need for a separate switch.

You must have your turn on signal wire going into the power supply of the amplifier on a constant instead of the ignition...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #6
Trishen Naidoo
Proud Goloof Hater (G)

Hi guys thanks for the replies

Should I send the car for Rewiring?? I dont mind the switch cause I think it'll look really cool especially one that looks like you've just activated something. Plus when im playing music with the car switched off i wouldnt mind the sub and amp to be off and just the mids running.

Also, the whole messing with the panels im not so wild about cause I dont want to damage any of them badly. I think Ill just Put some stick on material to see where its catching. The rear view mirror i know is the problem cause I can see it rattling and i can feel it rattling too.. i see the Visor is starting to rattle as well but thats not a big issue. Also, Just wondering if i can fit more speakers to the car, a set of 6x9s( Not sure the European name) and maybe another 12" Woofer? Will the amp handle it or will I have to change?

Thanks Guys for te replies.. Ill attach some Images of my Sound setup once i find out how to insert images [Cant upload from HDD :(]
Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Drives: Toyota Yaris LB '07
Sup Trishen

Check you a Durban boy also.
Most likely it's the wiring that's a prob..
Take it to soundstation to get it required and have some deadedning put in place.
Pm me and I'll organize you a contact to rewire for you, guaranteed not a bushmech job.
As for pics, use photobucket.com or any other image hosting site.

Leka mamz
SilverSquash! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
harda toenail

Drives: Want a yaris
How do you kick start your car?
harda toenail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

roll/push your car whilst the handbrake is down then attempt to start the car whilst playing with the clutch and accelerator
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishen Naidoo View Post
Hi guys thanks for the replies

Should I send the car for Rewiring?? I dont mind the switch cause I think it'll look really cool especially one that looks like you've just activated something. Plus when im playing music with the car switched off i wouldnt mind the sub and amp to be off and just the mids running.

Also, the whole messing with the panels im not so wild about cause I dont want to damage any of them badly. I think Ill just Put some stick on material to see where its catching. The rear view mirror i know is the problem cause I can see it rattling and i can feel it rattling too.. i see the Visor is starting to rattle as well but thats not a big issue. Also, Just wondering if i can fit more speakers to the car, a set of 6x9s( Not sure the European name) and maybe another 12" Woofer? Will the amp handle it or will I have to change?

Thanks Guys for te replies.. Ill attach some Images of my Sound setup once i find out how to insert images [Cant upload from HDD :(]
You can use a fog light switch on that center console empty slot and use it to just connect the blue wire from the headunit to the wire going to the amp. Buy two of those then you can turn off both amp and sub at the press of two switches. best part, you can wire them up to light up when you turn on your park lights.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #11
Trishen Naidoo
Proud Goloof Hater (G)

Any links on how to remove the centre console completely?? I need to take my cigg lighter out, damn thing went bust on me recently.. so if its a cheap and easy fix why not?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #12
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Search button is your friend