Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
Mistakes in movies and TV shows

So my kid watches more than her share of Nickelodeon and I watch it with her. This last weekend we were watching iCarly because it was on before Sponge Bob. This episode of iCarly was supposed to take place in Japan and it was pretty far from it. The main thing that pissed me off was the fact that they were driving around in a Scion Xb and it was left hand drive and badged a Scion. They put Japanese plates on it though cause we all know that's what makes it a JDM car. On top of all that they kept calling the thing a van which seemed to bug me even more. All in all I think there was only one other car in what I saw and the damn steering wheel was also on the wrong side of that car too.

I know its a kids show and that they probably didn't have the money or something to go to Japan but I think they could have tried a bit harder.

Does this kinda stuff piss anyone else off or is it just me?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
SailDesign

Drives: .
I found this is the English press. If these are the worst that occured in the film, then they are being extremely nit-picky....

New James Bond thriller Quantum of Solace 'full of blunders'
Sharp-eyed 007 fans have apparently spied a string of mistakes in the new Bond thriller Quantum of Solace.

By Charlotte Bailey
Last Updated: 11:37AM GMT 10 Nov 2008

The film, which stars Daniel Craig as James Bond, is the 22nd Bond-based adventure and cost £100 million to make. It took a massive £24 million in its first weekend.

However critics claim to have spotted as many as six continuity and factual errors that they say spoil the film.

In one of the chase scenes where Bond is driving his Aston Martin and is being pursued by an Alfa Romeo, one of the other cars is shown with Italian plates with a Vauxhall Corsa badge whereas in Italy all Vauxhalls are rebadged as Opels.

Another error occurs on the registration plates for the Austrian vehicles, which have the prefix code in the incorrect place.

A similar mistake occurs when Bond, who is supposed to be a qualified pilot, reads out the registration number of a plane as Golf Zero, when it should be Golf Oscar.

In the Haiti hotel room scene, the sign on the door is written in a mixture of French and English instead of grammatically correct French.

In another scene, Bond's wristwatch appears in two different positions in the same shot - once with the face turned to the outside and once facing to the inside.

The final blunder occurs when Bond arrives in the South American city of La Paz and the temperature is shown to be an uncharacteristic 46 degrees Fahrenheit - a chilly 7.8 degrees Celsius.

In spite of the errors that some say they have spotted, Quantum of Solace claimed the top spot in all 60 of its foreign markets this weekend with a weekend haul of $106.5 million or £68 million, according to distributor Columbia Pictures
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #3
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
That's not actually that bad.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
http://www.moviemistakes.com/

I like this site!!!

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Read about the errors in Ben Hur and Zulu if you want to laugh

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Here's an oldie.

In Bambi, a raccoon cleaning itself by a stream just vanishes from the scene.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Here's an oldie.

In Bambi, a raccoon cleaning itself by a stream just vanishes from the scene.
They had pike in that stream, IIRC
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #8
Reddog99

Drives: '08 Yaris
My favorite movie blunder was in an old Chuck Norris movie "Octagon". There was one scene in a room where the shot passed by an open bathroom door and in the medicine cabinet mirror you could see the camera and film crew!
Reddog99 is offline   Reply With Quote