Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
matthewboii

Drives: 2008 Flint Mica Yaris Sedan
Wink Horn Response When Locking?

This is a really strange request I know.. but I'm one of those people that loves the response when I press the button on my keychain...

Is it possible though a modification to get this to work?

And if so does anyone have any idea how this could be done?
matthewboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
I wish mine did that too :/

A sense of security for me... I never believe that my yaris is locked... I end up locking it twice or three times..... :x

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #3
Ashley87

Drives: 2009 2 door LB Carmine Red
I was wondering the same thing, my Aveo made a chirp noise and I miss it so much! Haha.
Ashley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
The turn signal flashes. Isn't a visual confirmation enough? I moved in February and at my last place there was a couple that bought a Jeep that would beep the horn when locked or unlocked. The problem was that they would return late at night, 1:30 or later and use the remote lock. They had no regard for anyone.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
eht13

Drives: .
I hate hearing other people's cars beep or honk when they lock them, so I'm glad mine doesn't do it. As said above, the turn signals blink to confirm the lock. Plus, if you're standing close enough when you do it you can hear the lock "click". If you still need confirmation and you haven't already walked away, you could check the door handle.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
I hate hearing other people's cars beep or honk when they lock them, so I'm glad mine doesn't do it. As said above, the turn signals blink to confirm the lock. Plus, if you're standing close enough when you do it you can hear the lock "click". If you still need confirmation and you haven't already walked away, you could check the door handle.
My thoughts exactly

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewboii View Post
This is a really strange request I know.. but I'm one of those people that loves the response when I press the button on my keychain...

Is it possible though a modification to get this to work?

And if so does anyone have any idea how this could be done?
i hate that function it's like telling the whole world when i'm leaving my place, and when i came back(one horn sound for closing, two horn sound for opening)
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Well, it's fine that so many people hate the function I guess, but it doesn't help the OP much with whether it's a feasible mod or not.

I think it would require a small circuit, so when the car locks it makes a sound. That would be pretty easy for someone with basic electronics knowledge. I've never seen it in the marketplace though.

Further, it could be made so it only makes a sound when locking, or with a switch so you have a choice -- I personally don't need a confirming sound when UN-locking the car.

You could also by a CHEAP car alarm, if that's the only feature you want.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
hmmmmm as far as I know this is something that the dealer can actually enable for you? says so in the technical manuals anyway, there's a bunch of other tweaks (for example, to unlock the driver's door only, or all of them, etc...)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
are you serious??? I had no idea.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Here is the PDF in question, look at page 10

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

then again time to put my foot in my mouth, it seems having the horn respond is *not* an option, just for the blinkers... oops!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #13
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
then again time to put my foot in my mouth, it seems having the horn respond is *not* an option, just for the blinkers... oops!
Nice call what are you size 15 shoe
i too thought it was a option from the dealership side , but no it is
only do able on the bigger cars ,corrolla and camry and the likes .
Oh well STELF mode it is then.
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #14
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
mine's an aftermarket system anyways.... :/

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote