Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
What an awesome car!

Just thought I'd share some general happiness with you.

I just filled up the car. Averaged 35.5 mpg for a tank and a half. (I put exactly 5 gallons in the car early this week because I needed gas, but didn't want to autox on a full tank this weekend) That might not sound great, but it includes two autocrosses! My typical in-town trips net me between 38 and 42 mpg usually.

The good news: The ScanGauge is finally dialed in. It read 35.4 mpg when I filled. Cool!

More good news: The Yaris continues to piss people off at autocrosses by being faster than they think it should be.

Even more good news: I averaged 43.8 mpg on the 56 mile trip home in air-conditioned comfort.

I love this car, I really do!

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
nerp

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Meteorite Metallic
Couldn't agree more. I drive a lot for my job and i keep glacing at the fuel gague in disbelief.
nerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
It IS a great little car. No frills in ours just a great little car and fun to drive. A big plus that the gas gauge seems to hardly move !
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
aeipee13
DKDC

Drives: Yarlet
I couldn't agree with you more Loren. I drove from Los Angeles to Lake Havasu, AZ last summer and didn't have to fill my tank until half way back home. A/C blasting the whole time.

I truly think Toyota designed the yaris as a reincarnation of the Starlet. Most of my friends laughed at me when i bought this car. They drive your typical mix of AE86s to STi. All are good/great drivers. I told them it felt good and reminded me of older Starlets as far as potential from an econobox car. Absolutely an awesome car!
aeipee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
jackrabbitnomore

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
I couldn't agree more!

When I shopped for the car exactly three years ago, I was looking for several things: low up front cost (got mine for $11,900.00) low operating cost, longevity/reliability. Of course that last one demanded that I be looking at Toyotas. Part of me really wanted a Matrix, for several reasons, but the cost and mpg just weren't in line with my budget. I could have bought a stripped down Corolla for about the same money as the Yaris, but just liked the look of the new model, and as it was primarily a commuting car for one person, I chose the Yaris. I've had a few moments of regret about the 5spd, but they don't last long, especially when I'm pumping gas and I pump 10 gallons for almost 400 miles traveled, all in suburban, small town traffic.

With the new tires I just bought (see my thread on Ecopia EP 100s) my Yaris rides and feels no substantial difference from my daughter's Corolla. The slightly larger tires have removed almost all of the sway and feeling of instability at higher speeds.

I couldn't be happier with my car right now.
jackrabbitnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Dittos! I love my Yaris. I would have bought one two years ago but they didn't have a OEM cruise control. The 2009 finally had one and that was all I needed. And one thing that surprises everyone is how roomy it. My wife and I had to rent a Chevy full sized pickup last week to haul some furniture from Chicago to Indy, and the Yaris felt more roomy than the Chevy.

If the Yaris goes hybrid....I probably will get one...these are great cars!

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Loren, you should name your car Herby, not Herbie.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
LOL i was just saying the same thing this weekend. Ran down some miatas, bmws, and civics and drove home in comfort. what a cool car! there are some people in the southeast thinking about getting one now lol
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
The Yaris is a thing of beauty!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
yup, the ECHO's younger brother is a nice car
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
I agree. The Yaris is a awesome car. Advanced VVI 1.5 liter motor for greater power across the operating range of the motor. I love my new Yaris 3 door hatchback so much I traded in my dead brother's Ford Ranger, as a down payment, on a second used Yaris 3 door hatchback. Moving the speedometer to the top center of the dash, leaving a empty dash behind the steering wheel is the best design dash I have seen. Nice place to put a navigation system behind the steering wheel. Throw in space on the dash for a Ecometer for good measure. The four storage locations in the dash, plus 2 cup holders, cannot be beat by any other economy car. Fuel economy with automatic, A/C and power package. Shortest front end thanks to the best use of the cab forward concept on the US market. Easy to park. Plenty of head room and leg room for driver and passenger. Large carrying ability thanks to the hatchback.
ellenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote